dealing with PS3 hatrid, and Wii fanboyism.

There is lots of good stuff to talk about this year on all fronts. Lots to think about also. Even better way too much to play! The good stuff isn't even on the calender yet! That goes for all the big players. Lots of secrets floating around! SONY may be last and even if they didn't catch the 360 they still have blue ray royalties. So why worry, plus they have lots of studios working on games in house. Every body is going to be just fine. Lots of people think things will change and who knows they might but (almost)20 million is a lot to deal with.

Bliss said:
Oh wow man, hope u get better

yea that had to be one of the best debate threads we had about the Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft

Thank you. I'm going to the doc tomorrow to see why it's like this.

EDIT: My observation is that there is little wii fanboyism, but a whole lotta wii contempt here and all across the internet and gaming community.

Nintendo's own site was the worst I have ever seen! For the most part, it was people posting about how horrible it is in terms of processing power and graphics. The hostility there was like an inferno and was indicative of the contempt held for the wii in the gaming community.

Just go look up all the articles Cantgetawii posted from different gaming sites. Most of them are negative about the wii, predicting it's doom or failure. There is no respect for the wii, it is nothing but a child's toy to most people. I don't this as wii fanboyism.

Last edited:
Well i own the ps3 and the xbox 360 + the wii :yesnod: Here is my opinion.
Xbox 360 is great graphics...Fun and very well put together online..and it gets very addicting..but after getting the red ring issue 2 times...I felt like...i guess whats on the inside does matter after lol...I just couldnt see investing any more time and money into games and content just to send off my console and get a refurbished one back...360...good games and smart ideas..bad hardware...IMO....Ok ps3...i got it and use it for a blu ray player..i have motor storm...resistance..and uncharted...there fun but nobody really likes to watch you play these games..and the main person that is with me is my girlfriend who likes video games..so...On to the wii...

:scared:

I have mario galaxy...zelda tp....no more heros...resident evil 4..guitar hero 3...mario party 8..super paper mario.wii sports and wii play...and i want to get...super smash bros brawl... metroid corruption...bully wii edition...trama center new blood... The games i own are great games and the ones i want i think will also be great....So why the complaining about no games on wii.?? I think its just people that sit and play the game too much..beat it in the first day...See i like to play a game beat a level or two..then switch games...or turn the system off and go do something outside...or watch a movie...If you play games into the ground til theres nothing else..then yea you will be looking around for more games...And then get sucked into spending more money...I play casual but some times alot...depending on what im doing...And i got the 360 first...alot of technical problems and They send you back refurbished systems so personally i was done with that...i moved to the ps3...well it didnt really have a fun factor for me and my girlfriend so we moved to the wii...Yes the wii was something we didnt really think would be anything..And it turned out to be the best out of the 3 for us...we both enjoy it..No more heros for me...is a great game...and thats just for me.:sick:

RandomZero & romj Yeah the Wii hate is mostly from the online gamers. These are the same guys that use to play PC games. They just took that upgrade money and bought an xbox or PS3. If thats not the case then it's new comers who have been verbally assaulted by these guys. The way of thinking is infectious like most abusive situations. The voice chat them only enables it more. They like to pick fights a lot and talk junk. To tell you the truth I would rather them not be on the Wii playing. Every one has their console for a reason but I think the shall we say dirtymouth core just needs online so they can talk to friends and chases Noobs. This is what they see as fun. They have a bully complex yet that is not true in real life. They see some one having fun and think yeah I would OWN them online. LOL Which isn't the case Wii online players are no joke at all! Thats just my opinion about it. I mean when live went down we got a lot of Live players in quake and they all complained about regulars having bots...LOL Quake and UT are way faster than halo and you will die a lot!

To those dirthmouth core type a console is there for bragging rights, It's more for people to evny you or some thing. When no one cares about that it hurts.

Seriously the Wii so far is a complete system. I'm fine with it because I've been playing games with higher spec graphics for years while the PS2 was out. I mean really nothing is touching crysis on the PC and HD graphics on the console just fall a little short, yet if all you've had was a PS2 then the HD systems are like magic to you!

As soon as I saw z brush and the doom 3's first try at normal mapping I knew it was going to be big in gaming. Had nintendo knew this they would have the tools to really crush the competition even with out HD resolution.

As a next gen system that is about all it lacks to me to be truly a winner hands down. Yes thats about it normal maps and better texture compression. The VC rocks and EA's online stuff is the way every thing should be made...it's as close as we can get to live...LOL which is as close as I want to be. The game selection is very surprising for the first year also. It seems every one has about 7 or 8 games from this year depending on your tastes.

What is funny is nintendo would have to have the strictest online system of them all because of so much hate towards it. Yet if all your games start coming out on this system people will actually start praising the system. I've been gaming for too long not to see this. Gamers are fickle and they turn their back on console quick. Hey but if you are not having fun then thats what they should expect right?

It's almost like the HD gamers are yelling at people for being poor..LOL Which is not the case. Then they are mad at nintendo for giving gamers an option to not over spend on a console...LOL and the early punters are mad at it. I would think that if you have one of those systems then you should be happy right? I mean I've had a high end PC since college and I still loved lower spec systems and consoles. Lots of gamers will grow up in the coming years it seems and it looks like gaming may grow up also.

Of the Wii's top ten games on Metacritic, nine are system exclusives. PS3's top ten is littered with (under par in some cases) 360 ports and cross system commodities. The same goes for the rest of the list. Yawn.

So basically if you want brand new experinces and the very highest rated games, stick with Wii. If you want loads of cross platform mid rated games the PS3 is for you.

Seriously though, the PS3 has no killer apps. Not one.

I like all 3 consoles. I'm glad there is variety. I mean only thing not good is if someone has the xbox 360 and it has the red ring then i feel bad for them but other than that...all systems have good games to enjoy. I have all 3 consoles and play the wii more. and with the games coming out this year looks like wii games will win for me..Other than gta 4 and possibly resident evil 5 on ps3. i have uncharted and its a beautiful game graphically...nothing new in terms of play tho. and i cant just sit thru and play the whole game i have to switch it out so i dont get bored with it. No More Heros tho. it somehow feels like a different kind of game...Its not so serious yet it is...and its fun to play...i recommend anyone play it that can play mature games...Yes theres blood...language...sexual content...But..its not in a scary way or anything...Somehow its in a fun way lol. Once you make it past the first boss you can explore...do side missions...and upgrade your clothes..n everything. :yesnod:

Masaman said:
Of the Wii's top ten games on Metacritic, nine are system exclusives. PS3's top ten is littered with (under par in some cases) 360 ports and cross system commodities. The same goes for the rest of the list. Yawn.

So basically if you want brand new experinces and the very highest rated games, stick with Wii. If you want loads of cross platform mid rated games the PS3 is for you.

Seriously though, the PS3 has no killer apps. Not one.

So? I suppose that only matters if you have both the PS3 and 360. Otherwise, why does it matter if the games are cross platform. I'd rather have a big selection of great crossplatform games than a very small selection of great exclusive games (and tons and tons and tons and tons of pure crap) as is the case with the Wii.

And where did you get nine Wii exclusives out of the first 10? I only got 8 total (out of the 14), and I was being generous with Zelda (also on GC) and Trauma Center (also on the DS). Otherwise, out of the top 10 Wii games, only 7 are exclusive (again, being generous with Zelda), with only 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 being Wii exclusive.

However, I will concede one thing to the credit of the Wii. Trauma Center: New Blood would have been a 15th Wii game above 80 had it been on that list (where is it anyway?).

Last edited:
SensesFail said:
hey guys i googled list of wii games with scores or something and i found this site. so i found their list of reviews for the other 2 consoles as well. this is how it panned out.

lets take a count of how many games each console has with ratings of 80-100

Wii has a wopping 14
PS3 on the other hand has 41
360 dominated as you couldve guessed with 82

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

whats my point? clearly the wii is the one lacking in any good titles if your going to go by ratings. im not kocking the wii and i know most of you probably recognize me as a wii-hater but i am no such thing. as ive explained in a previous post (btw these stats are part of a post i mad ein the ps3 section, adn i though u should see them) i am a wii-software hater. but i wont get into that.

i just want the PS3 hatred to stop because there is NO reason to hate it now that it's affordable AND has good games. MANY MANY more good games to come.

offtopic!
pick up the latest issue of game informer and read their cover story on resistance 2.. has potential to blow call of duty 4 out of the water.. i didnt think any game could do that but they are approacing online games in a whole new way!

so any thoughts on the web pages ive found? i know thats not set in stone and some of those reviews may be slightly different on a different site but the general idea is present and obvious.

please lets keep it mature here and keep the flaming to yourself, the reason im making this thread is to open a few fanboy's eyes that are on this website, "ps3stinks" is one of the major ones here that pisses me off. lol

Look, I get it. You've been used to Sony being the top dog in video game console and now that you and all 4 other people who were suckered into buying a PS3 are stuck with it, you have to ride your horse to the finish line. I understand. I used to own an Atari Jaguar. I feel your pain.

The rest of us (out here in reality) who don't worship the FPS genre and are just looking for a reasonably fun system to fool around with in our spare time, are pretty happy with the Wii and find it a bit silly that you'd spend even $400-$500 on a system that's a glorified media player even if it does have a few games worth playing.

Good luck with the PS3 though. I'm sure your new Resistance will be fun. I had a heck of a lot of fun with Cybermorph.

It doesn't matter. I have a PS3 and I'm sure in the future it will pretty much dominate my gaming time but as it stands it has no games which you could call triple AAA that don't appear on the 360 (mostly with better graphics). So if you were going to choose a console, right now, the PS3 has little in the way of games to fight its cause. Why pay all that extra money to play games you can play on the cheaper 360 that also plays exclusives like Halo 3 and Bioshock?

My top ten scan may have been off but seven out of ten, including the highest ranked game of all time ain't too bad!

I can look at this completely objectively as I own all three consoles (now that my ROD 360 has returned) and my PS3, the most expensive of the bunch, is being used as a glorified DVD player. There are games coming to PS3 that I can't wait for, but waiting is the PS3 owners curse.

In the mean time I'll play galaxy, no more hero's, zac and wiki etc and have fun with ORIGINAL gaming.

hal2814 said:
Look, I get it. You've been used to Sony being the top dog in video game console and now that you and all 4 other people who were suckered into buying a PS3 are stuck with it, you have to ride your horse to the finish line. I understand. I used to own an Atari Jaguar. I feel your pain.

The rest of us (out here in reality) who don't worship the FPS genre and are just looking for a reasonably fun system to fool around with in our spare time, are pretty happy with the Wii and find it a bit silly that you'd spend even $400-$500 on a system that's a glorified media player even if it does have a few games worth playing.

Good luck with the PS3 though. I'm sure your new Resistance will be fun. I had a heck of a lot of fun with Cybermorph.

Gold...LOL I loved the jag too yet could not force my self to buy one due the so many games that never got release dates. I loved the Lynx too! The neo geo and the mythical super graphx!

Problem is no one can afford these damn systems...LOL when they came out.

I'm also wondering why he feels he is getting hatred from the Wii guys. It's the 360 guys that the PS3 owners have to worry about...LOL. I guess he though cuz it has lower specs that we would be easy to push around. Looks like some one got duped. it happens and it's part of growing up ya know, no matter how old you are.

Atomheart said:
To the contrary: the Wii is the ONLY console that I own. I don't play it much though (or video games for that matter), which is the only reason I haven't become completely disillusioned with video games after owning a Wii.

Maybe that's because you're to broke to get another system.

And if you don't even play games often, than I do not take your opinion to heart. I can't tell if you know what you're talking about.

Have you heard about the Fox special on Mass Effect.
They say all these horrible things about it, like how it has sex and violence.

Than the guy who created it asks,
"Have you even played the game?"

And the reporters goes,
"Pht, no!"

Than again, for you folks, ignorance is strength.

Masaman said:
It doesn't matter. I have a PS3 and I'm sure in the future it will pretty much dominate my gaming time but as it stands it has no games which you could call triple AAA that don't appear on the 360 (mostly with better graphics). So if you were going to choose a console, right now, the PS3 has little in the way of games to fight its cause. Why pay all that extra money to play games you can play on the cheaper 360 that also plays exclusives like Halo 3 and Bioshock?

My top ten scan may have been off but seven out of ten, including the highest ranked game of all time ain't too bad!

I can look at this completely objectively as I own all three consoles (now that my ROD 360 has returned) and my PS3, the most expensive of the bunch, is being used as a glorified DVD player. There are games coming to PS3 that I can't wait for, but waiting is the PS3 owners curse.

In the mean time I'll play galaxy, no more hero's, zac and wiki etc and have fun with ORIGINAL gaming.

SEE I told you there is no hate for the PS3 here just waiting... I may get one if they every do a redesign. -But- I'm not all that hype about it. That more of a Meh than hate.

Last edited:
1 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2007 94 I have too many FPS already!
2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 2007 93 boring!
3 Rock Band 2007 92 cool but GH3 is better!
4 Orange Box, The 2007 88 got it on PC!
5 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 2007 88 Who bought this game?
6 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2007 88 sweet yet it's a HD port...
7 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 2007 88 Great art really good art, game is boring...
8 Burnout Paradise 2008 88 Now this looks fun but why havn't you guys bought it?
9 Unreal Tournament 3 2007 86 the sad truth of PS3 gaming this may be the 08 year in a nut shell...
10 Resistance: Fall of Man 2006 86 me too game..
11 NHL 08 2007 86 WOW I havn't seen this yet why has no one talked about it!
12 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2007 86 WOW lots of FPS here!
13 Virtua Fighter 5 2007 85 yeah ok who bought this?
14 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 2007 85 WOW here again!
15 skate 2007 84 good game but who bought it!
16 MotorStorm (JPN Import Version) a sad sad racing game trying to copy burn out... sad!

Now you have to admit these games got these scores based off of the graphics and you know it. Out of all those games how many of the artist do you know by name? I mean hell I know the Uncharted guys they are in the the 3d forums a lot. Great work by them once more!

1 Super Mario Galaxy 2007 97 Really great game every one I've shown it too likes it.
2 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The 2006 95 no brainer!
3 Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition 2007 91 they reason why the Wii is not a fad this game out sold the original and is way more fun than the first!
4 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 2007 90 Really really good game and great art too I know the concept artist and he is amazing!
5 No More Heroes 2008 87 really really fun and the art is really great for an under power system... Makes you want some thing this good on an HD system.
6 Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure 2007 87 this game is great also and screams make a mega man game!
7 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock 2007 85 I mean really it made a billion dollars man! Fun stuff!
8 Super Paper Mario 2007 85 totaly hillariuos and a great twist on the 2d mario with a real story! What is funny is I onw all the games above and more.
9 MLB Power Pros 2007 83 sleeper game huh?
10 WarioWare: Smooth Moves 2007 83
11 Madden NFL 07 2006 81
12 LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga 2007 81
13 Trauma Center: Second Opinion 2006 80
14 Geometry Wars: Galaxies 2007 80
15 Mario Strikers Charged 2007 79
16 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 2007 78
17 Godfather: Blackhand Edition, The 2007 77
18 Rayman Raving Rabbids 2006 76
19 Mercury Meltdown Revolution 2007 76
20 Trauma Center: New Blood 2007 76
21 Madden NFL 08 2007 76
22 Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles 2007 76 really good graphics actually... surprisingly good.
23 Wii Sports 2006 76 LOL
24 Medal of Honor Heroes 2 2007 75
25 Elebits 2006 75
26 Battalion Wars 2 2007 75 Now thats just mean...LOL this game is mad fun!
27 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz a bar favorite! The true drunk mans party game.

I mean really so far I'm enjoying way more games on the Wii and the PS3 is getting great at realism but falling short. It needs more fun and game play man. This year has been great for this system and you know what when the other games hit these will be even cheaper! Hey but I understand you are dealing with that PS3 hatrid or hatred. I don't understand why the Wii fanboyism is a problem or even a word. Play some games man it's going to be alright!

AtomicB said:
Maybe that's because you're to broke to get another system.

And if you don't even play games often, than I do not take your opinion to heart. I can't tell if you know what you're talking about.

Have you heard about the Fox special on Mass Effect.
They say all these horrible things about it, like how it has sex and violence.

Than the guy who created it asks,
"Have you even played the game?"

And the reporters goes,
"Pht, no!"

Than again, for you folks, ignorance is strength.

Some of us don't live with mommy and daddy and have financial obligations outside of video games and Mountain Dew. Sure, I have the money and then some in the back to run over to Wal-Mart and pick up a 360 or PS3, but I have more important financial obligations. But even if I didn't, I probably wouldn't be running out to buy more video games anyway.

But that certainly doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been gaming since Atari 2600, which is probably a lot more than you can say. But whatever...

Back