Dissapointed with RE/RE0..

man.. I really enjoyed all the RE's on Gamecube. It fails to people that just played RE4 and then picks them up but they are the true classics!

I personally loved RE0 more than the REmake. Because the puzzle elements were well implememnted. The story line answered alot. And the removal of those god forsaken item boxes.

The control and camera angles are classic Resident evil style. If you even owned any of the titles for ps1 you'll know it well. It takes getting used to and it adds more strategy to fights (as in, I'd better avoid that crimson head I can barely see him over there but he has yet to notice me, and will thrash me if I'm not fast.)
The fixed camera angles were put into Re1 to give it that distinct Horror-movie feel. They also made the presentation of the graphics on the Game cube better IMHO.

The Re4 style is a new direction they went with to include more of an action oriented plot then a survival theme for the new games.

Re5 will most likely follow the new formula. It looks more like Re4+Black Hawk Down+28 Days Later, set in Africa. The 'survival-horror' aspect for the new game will be 'fighting impossible odds' kinda like Nemesis. They're supposed to be an overwhelming mob of fast moving "zombies" that you would be better avoiding than standing and fighting it out.

I don't know why so many people hated Resident Evil 0. I loved it. The dual-character control was really fun for me, though one of my old friends stole it :(

I'm a fan of all of the Resident Evil games I've played, but I haven't played REmake or RE3 yet. Even though RE4 was SO different, I still think it's my favorite :)

lol this threads still going..thats funny. still dont like the damn games! lol

I've been a big RE fan since the original back on the PSOne. If you started with RE4 then your not gonna be a big fan of the old ones and look down on them for the kinda clunky controls and fixed camera angles. But yeah, Resident Evil's 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and Zero all have fixed camera angles. But you should try to put those things aside and enjoy the games for the survival horror aspects as they are really enjoyable games, every one of them (except maybe some of those Gun Survivor games on the PSOne, they sucked but Umbrella Chronicles on Wii is awesome).

d3moliti0n said:
I've been a big RE fan since the original back on the PSOne. If you started with RE4 then your not gonna be a big fan of the old ones and look down on them for the kinda clunky controls and fixed camera angles. But yeah, Resident Evil's 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and Zero all have fixed camera angles. But you should try to put those things aside and enjoy the games for the survival horror aspects as they are really enjoyable games, every one of them (except maybe some of those Gun Survivor games on the PSOne, they sucked but Umbrella Chronicles on Wii is awesome).

I totally agree you...you are speaking the truth :yesnod: :yesnod:

d3moliti0n said:
QFT :smilewinkgrin:

metal gear solid : Twin snakes, that game is a master piece, one of the greatest re-makes of games, the timesplitter games are also works of art

Best games on GC: RE4, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, Wind Waker, MGS: The Twin Snakes, Tales of Symphonia, SSB: Melee, Metroid Prime 1, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart Double Dash, Prince of Persia 1 & 3, and... I think thats it...

Back