EA Begins Preparations for 5 New Franchises

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
EA looks into future with new franchises and innovations to current series.
February 13, 2008

by: Matt Furtado

Peter Moore announced today during an analyst presentation, that EA Sports will be launching 5 new franchises within the next 3 years.

Of the five, one will launch within the coming 2009 fiscal year, which runs from April 2008 till March 31, 2009. Moore described the title as a "casual IP" and listed it alongside the newly introduced boxing title FaceBreaker, along with the previously released schoolyard simulator, Playground. You can safely assume this new casual game will appear on the Wii in some form.

The other four are said to be "core IP" and will arrive by the end of the 2011 fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2011. Sadly, no other details were given on the titles.

Aside from the newly announced plans of creating new franchises, Moore also discussed hopes to focus more on unlicensed sports properties and grow the appeal of EA Sports outside of North America. However, he didn't share details on how they hope to achieve this goal.

Moore has also pledged that the next installments of EA Sports' FIFA Soccer and NBA Live series would feature "exciting new innovations." What these new innovations will be are currently unknown, but under the leadership of Peter Moore, EA Sports seems to be moving in a better direction.

linkage

Didn't we get NBA Live 08? How did that turn out?

If EA nailed the wii's potential with NBA Live 09, I would definetly pick it up.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Didn't we get NBA Live 08? How did that turn out?

If EA nailed the wii's potential with NBA Live 09, I would definetly pick it up.

what? i thought nba live 08 was alright. i dont think ea needs new franchises. i think it should focus on ones it has. cough medal of honor cough

They've got no need to focus on their current series', if you step into their shoes. Changing rosters sell their current sports games year after year, they wouldn't have to change a thing if they didn't want to.

I think its a good idea to spread their horizons, because I doubt they're as popular once they step outside the safety of the US.

LevesqueIsKing said:
They've got no need to focus on their current series', if you step into their shoes. Changing rosters sell their current sports games year after year, they wouldn't have to change a thing if they didn't want to.

I think its a good idea to spread their horizons, because I doubt they're as popular once they step outside the safety of the US.

yeah then they should completely ditch some of their current franchises because they cant have both of this world. they cant make good new franchises and keep their current franchises good. thats my opinion. no flaming please

Wii needs NHL 09.
More franchises sounds good though, hopefully good things come out of it.

CantGetAWii said:
Wii needs NHL 09.
More franchises sounds good though, hopefully good things come out of it.

true. i am looking forward to an nhl game, imagine slap shots with flick of wii remote. also a good baseball and cricket game for the europeans sound good.

brandon u play hockey?

Back