exams

Got my first exam this Thursday (maths). Then... I have an exam in the week after on Monday, another on Wednesday, and finally Thursday and I'm done. :)

Frogger said:
Wedidn'tgethtefreakingoption. :mad5:

Well, I'm doing double award, you get tested on the subjects seperately but they all combine together on averages to make your two GCSEs. Which is really a kick up the arse.
Powned.
Taking triple Science at my school was one of the original options when choosing GCSE's.. and with us, we had modules where they were seperate (about 6 of 'em - 2 for each) now we having 2 exams which aren't multiple choice :/ where they're combined. Done one already :) woopwoop

Wiired said:
Powned.
Taking triple Science at my school was one of the original options when choosing GCSE's.. and with us, we had modules where they were seperate (about 6 of 'em - 2 for each) now we having 2 exams which aren't multiple choice :/ where they're combined. Done one already :) woopwoop

Our school makes us take the more dense subjects in year 10 for a GCSE which will make up about a quarter of your grade with coursework and crap like that. So I don't have to revise all the year 10 stuff for science and RE. And I go into the exam on an A.

Frogger said:
Our school makes us take the more dense subjects in year 10 for a GCSE which will make up about a quarter of your grade with coursework and crap like that. So I don't have to revise all the year 10 stuff for science and RE. And I go into the exam on an A.
Aaaah I see, seems somewhat better. By 'Year 10 stuff' do you mean last years stuff or you're currently in Year 10? Because I know some schools are having kids doing GCSE's early (like the Year 10's at my school are doing their GCSE's now as well as myself)

LoL the high school i used to go to(well still go to but i go to 6th form of that >.>) now have an option of doing a AS level subject of either buisness or law or media studies aswell at GCSEs.

I was the only one retaking a AS law exam yesterday and i was surrounded by yr10s doing another new AS law exam i was like oh man.

And for you lot who say you have like 1-2 exams left you lot suck :(, for i have 9 left :'(, i started of with 20 exams LOL and done 11 so far, got break till thursday though sooo w0000t, then im gonna get murdered on monday when i have 4 1hour and 30mins exams :(, 2 chem exams, 1 law exam, 1 maths exam oh boy oh boy.

How have you got so much if you're doing A Levels?

And yay, I've finished ^_^

Actually did my last one on Thursday lol, I finished about half hour before everyone else cos I rushed to catch my train to go to London lol

The exam finished at 12:45, and my train was at 12:40, and I got out at 12:15 :D

Wiired said:
Aaaah I see, seems somewhat better. By 'Year 10 stuff' do you mean last years stuff or you're currently in Year 10? Because I know some schools are having kids doing GCSE's early (like the Year 10's at my school are doing their GCSE's now as well as myself)

I'm in year 11 right now explaining why I've got so much spare time on these forums and taking those two tests last year was beneficial. My RE test last year was quite alright, I didn't think I'd get a really high A for being so opinionated but it happened. That was the problem this year, I've got so much explaining and I had to write essay questions, like english, which was horrific. I had 2 whole questions at the end to do in 5 minutes, that's like 20 marks and I was completely panicking to the max. I don't feel that confident on it although it was a very easy paper. I needed about an extra hour.

Speaking of that, I don't hold my... pen like anyone else does... Uh, I hold it very strangely, like, seriously, all my fingers have to be gripping the pen, my little finger plays a vital role in it, and I've acquired a writing speed I just can't go any faster or it's just PAINFUL. Hm, should've seen if I could have had extra time...

GCSEs has all completely changed this year. My cousin in year 10 has a completely different syllabus from me, the first year's always gonna suffer being the first and the teachers having to do new stuff.

surfinrach90 said:
How have you got so much if you're doing A Levels?

And yay, I've finished ^_^

Actually did my last one on Thursday lol, I finished about half hour before everyone else cos I rushed to catch my train to go to London lol

The exam finished at 12:45, and my train was at 12:40, and I got out at 12:15 :D

lol as im doing A2 level for maths,chemistry,biology and law, and AS of RE and critical thinking which the 6th form i go to its compulsary to do. I coulda dropped a A2 subject but i kinda decided not to. And i have so many exams because this is the last chance for me to get the grades i want/need so im redoing some exams from AS(last year) and A2(jan papers), and well im still on course for the grades if i can revise damnit it lol.

you guys should have seen my RE paper, they asked a essay question on medical ethics i wrote stuff on how mutation can occur to genes that they make and create super transgenic organisms and how the organism if bacteria could get out of control or by misusing it could get out of control and used example of the T-virus in resident evil.

Then i did a question on who has rights to a child lol this question was too funny(apologises in advance to any homosexual people/bisexual people if it offends you). I basically start of all good in the essay then say homosexual couples shouldnt be allowed children as the child will be subject to hardcore bullying at school on the basis he has 2 dads/2 mums, and this could cause him much much distress and sadness. And i went onto say child services may have to supervise them throughout as i have read on internet and from other sources that homosexual couples are more sexualy active then heterosexual couples.And then said at the end of the essay oh also dont let convicted criminals who have been convicted of rape/peadophilia/murder be parents maybe the dude who got on murder might be allowed if he shows remorse and the peadophile dude if he can keep his sexual urge in check with the new chemical treatment that scientists have devised to handle peadophiles/sex offenders.

Frogger said:
I'm in year 11 right now explaining why I've got so much spare time on these forums and taking those two tests last year was beneficial. My RE test last year was quite alright, I didn't think I'd get a really high A for being so opinionated but it happened. That was the problem this year, I've got so much explaining and I had to write essay questions, like english, which was horrific. I had 2 whole questions at the end to do in 5 minutes, that's like 20 marks and I was completely panicking to the max. I don't feel that confident on it although it was a very easy paper. I needed about an extra hour.

Speaking of that, I don't hold my... pen like anyone else does... Uh, I hold it very strangely, like, seriously, all my fingers have to be gripping the pen, my little finger plays a vital role in it, and I've acquired a writing speed I just can't go any faster or it's just PAINFUL. Hm, should've seen if I could have had extra time...

GCSEs has all completely changed this year. My cousin in year 10 has a completely different syllabus from me, the first year's always gonna suffer being the first and the teachers having to do new stuff.
I know what you mean, today I had a Business Studies exam, and I've never written as much as I have today, but I felt I was writing too much for the the like 3-4 mark questions, though I managed to find time for the essay questions, I managed to write 11 pages in 2 hours :sick: whereas in the other exams I'd written the less out of all my friends, e.g 4 pages in all the English exams...
p.s
NO MORE EXAMS
WOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOP

My last exams are tomorrow, then I can kick back and do whatever I want =) I think the most I had written in the english exams were 6 pages, there were some people who filled all 11... Pffhshs.

i had my english regents part 1 today.. then i have part 2 tomorrow. then i go back in on tuesday for my US history regents..... Then i am done :)

i got 3 more days in school; last exams 2morrow n monday and dunno what tusedays about cost we finish all exams on monday

Should there be a GCSE results thread around mid Augustish or just post everyone's results here?

Back