Excited About the Wii Zapper?

Yeah..did you click the link? there's something far better than the Wii Zapper there.

i did. n then i got bored and clicked Wii - Supersmash brothers brawl - Smash it up! o.o i saw it was a gun. and i noticed that the trigger wouldnt do anything. which is useless since that just makes it harder to reach for A.

How do you know the trigger does nothing..aw never mind...anyway yeah those Smash it Up articles are fun.

It doesn't seem like many games will utilize it... I might get it next year when you can play a fair amount of games with it.

Parents blast Wii Zapper - why not enclose applications to the NRA as well?

NewJersey.com has posted up some more than angry comments from parents who are concerned by Nintendo's decision to release the Wii Zapper. The Wii is being marketed as a family console and officially releasing a peripheral which encourages kids to pretend they are shooting people with a gun isn't the smartest thing to do. One parent sarcastically remarked that "this is what we need, children with guns learning how to aim and shoot" and another grandparent again sarcastically suggested that they should enclose an application to the NRA as well. So what do you think, is it a good move from Nintendo the company with a good family reputation to release a peripheral which encourages youngsters to replicate shooting actions? A bit of harmless fun or could it have long term implications on a child?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Great, this is what we need. Children with guns learning how to aim and shoot. Then we can sit back and wonder what is happening to our country with kids killing kids......what's next? Could we make it squirt blood, too" one reader commented

A "very concerned grandparent" wrote:
"....Why don't they enclose an application to the NRA in every box as well....the marketing person who came up with this brain child of an idea should be fired."

Another reader commented, "I think it's irresponsible for Wii to come out with a controller that looks like a gun so kids can play games simulating shooting. What kind of message are we sending as parents when we buy these things for our kids?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is bigest load of **** i hate people that act like that they need to get into the real world and stop being ****ing pricks

news via maxconsole

Yeah yeah, bash the Zapper, but don't bash those bad games like Grand Theft Auto, right?

I suppose these people have never gone to an arcade... They're full of toy guns....

also, I'm just a kid and I understand the difference between reality and games. I like shooting games and paintball, yet I have no desire to kill people or join the army.

if your kid was going to murder someone a game wouldnt aid or change there mind. also the NRA is for using rifles propley and safely so how is that a bad thing.

This really shouldn't be a big thing to people. If Nintendo had called it the "Wii Assault Rifle Attatchment" or something to that effect, I could see how people would get angry, but the "Wii Zapper" just sounds too cutesy too be a big deal. (I'm posting on the internet channel on the Wii, so I can't quote, but) a previous poster said something along the lines of, "I play shooters and I enjoy paintball, but I've never wanted to shoot someone." I too am like this, as are many, so I hardly think the Wii Zapper could make kids want to shoot people.

Now my wrists are dust from all that typing, lol:lol:

yes that's true..only if a gun is put in the hands of someone insane then yes, there's danger, otherwise, I think not, it's just a game.

Yeah, I think that the Wii Zapper will definitely enhance the gameplay of such games as Resident Evil 4 and the upcoming Ghost Squad.

Byuakuya said:
Yeah, I think that the Wii Zapper will definitely enhance the gameplay of such games as Resident Evil 4 and the upcoming Ghost Squad.
hmm, with re4 it may be a problem because the fire button is A and the trigger on the zapper is b. i wish you could change the controls because the zapper would make re4 1000x better than it already is!

Jay588 said:
hmm, with re4 it may be a problem because the fire button is A and the trigger on the zapper is b. i wish you could change the controls because the zapper would make re4 1000x better than it already is!
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't have the Wii version of the game, so I was unaware of the controls. :)

Back