Fire Emblem IGN Review

BluesMan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2007
This kinda saddens me, I thought the game would be a bit fancier.

8.0/10

http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832368p1.html

Closing Comments
To call Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a Wii game is to take the meaning of that statement as literal as possible. Yes, it runs on Wii, comes in a cute white box, and you’ll pay $49.99 for it. From there, however, the experience is anything but Wii-like, as the game uses no motion, no IR, no Mii integration, and no online. While some gamers will scoff at this fact, diehard Fire Emblem fans already understand the choice made by Nintendo, as the series hasn’t needed to change in nearly 20 years, and shouldn’t be expected to now. The game supports Wii-mote control in classic NES-style, the GameCube controller, and the Classic Controller, so no matter what your setup you can still dive into one of the deepest, mature, and traditionally rooted titles on Nintendo consoles.

What you’ll miss, however, is any sort of upgrade from the GameCube version which is on sale for $20 new. Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to the Cube’s Path of Radiance, and as such looks, acts, and feels identical. You’ll still get very little VO, minimal animation overall, GameCube graphics, and extremely simply storytelling that makes use of only a backdrop and some character art. Why the production value in Fire Emblem has yet to be completely overhauled is beyond us, but apparently someone at Nintendo things traditional games need to not only play like a game two decades old, but also look similar as well. If you’re looking for an entertaining, challenging, traditional strategy game, look no further, as Fire Emblem is as good as it gets. Just don’t expect anything more than GameCube presentation, visuals, and control for $50.

I've looked over the stages compared to the gamecube version, and it looks almost identical x.x. Characters, graphics, gameplay are pretty much all the same.

This level on Radiant Dawn is almost identical to the one in Path of Radiance. They just added different textures and theme...
fire-emblem-radiant-dawn--20071102020851742.jpg

And yes, I'm also disappointed, considering many sites have already said this.

what a shame, i was hoping more from this game, but you cant ever trust the buissness world

I am sure that the Wii game only appears to look similar to the GC game on the surface. It could be very different in terms of the story and gameplay.

Byuakuya said:
I am sure that the Wii game only appears to look similar to the GC game on the surface. It could be very different in terms of the story and gameplay.

Same gameplay, because the gameplay doesn't use the wiimote as it should be used. You're actually better off playing it with the gamecube controller. and the story is not there, considering Fire Emblem games never really focused on their stories. Many sites even said that it was just like a port from the gamecube.

Back