forecast channel up today?

ilovemywii

WiiChats Offical Druggie
Nov 30, 2006
Cali
Wii Online Code
8002-1759-8157-9828
isn't the forecast channel supposed to be up today or is it the news one?

TBH I have no idea, the only channel release date I'm aware of is the Internet Channel on the 23rd of December.

I am somewhat of a meteorology buff and if the forecast channel doesn't have the ability to view maps with high and low pressure systems with fronts, I will be disappointed to say the least. It is not that I expect my console to be able to check the weather conditions, but if you are going to bother, do it right. Once Opera is released, I will likely just use that to check the weather.

Jcool813 said:
Only the Swedish version was announced on december 23 not the US Version

The browser will become available to everyone at the same time.

So no that is just dumb. I understand fully where Opera base is located, and have been using opera for like 7 years.

But Opera is going to be available through the shop channel, so why would they just release it in Sweden before anywhere else?

Answer: They won't

mothershipconnection said:
Why in the world would they release the browser in a week when there is no keyboard?

Because you don't need a keyboard?

I went online with the Sega Dreamcast many a times without a keyboard.

vagrant said:
The browser will become available to everyone at the same time.

So no that is just dumb. I understand fully where Opera base is located, and have been using opera for like 7 years.

But Opera is going to be available through the shop channel, so why would they just release it in Sweden before anywhere else?

Answer: They won't

Why? Maybe the same reason some games are only available to certain regions. This is why some people in New Zealand change their region to UK to access more VC downloads. Not saying this is the case for Opera, but their is a precedence of this established.

xbandaidx said:
Hopefully they'll release a bluetooth keyboard. Time is money.

Ya, I agree. I think you'll see a keyboard out (or they will atleast make an update for the external devices we was talking about) to plug in a USB keyboard within the next month!

Xanthan said:
Why? Maybe the same reason some games are only available to certain regions. This is why some people in New Zealand change their region to UK to access more VC downloads. Not saying this is the case for Opera, but their is a precedence of this established.

Yes, and all the precedence say that the U.S. or Japan get the stuff first.

Not Sweden.

Back