Forecast Channel Live!

err.. ok. that was a pretty stupid statement, and i apologize.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just joined the forum, and also just updated my Wii to have the Forecast Channel enabled. It works fine so far. I'm diggin' it a lot. I just hope more cities get added to each state as the weeks go by...

Got home last night and it was still where it was in the morning, at the updating screen with no progress in the progress bar. Took a risk and reset the machine. The Wii came up fine. Again tried the update because I'm dumb, but it worked. Sweet!

Question

So I updated n got my weather channel last night.. its pree cool.. pree cool. But now I got a little troubleshoot question for you all...

I got on this morning n checked my loacal weather (set for San Diego, CA at the moment) and it displayed a moon n clear skys. The thing is tho.. it was 7:30am bright n sunny outside. Why isnt my channel up to date? I mean its connected to the net it should be up to the minute in accuracy right? Well it should be, or at least to the hour. I mean checking at 7:30am n getting 4:00am info is pree useless.

Maybe its my net connection? Any help/input would be appreciated. & again im new if this doesnt belong here in this thread apologies :frown2:

at least im not alone...

Q: is this connect24 really "always on" in respect to receiving uptodate streaming information that'll keep me current? Or is it just "always on" so that i get my info updated say every 4 or so hours?

hope thats wrong cuz as gamers we can all agree lag sucks

I want my info now, not in a couple hours :nonod:

intekmdma said:
Okay, how do you reset the settings for the forecast channel? I think i chose the wrong date and now it's showing me a day behind as default (i have to click "tommorow" for todays weather ><

There's only three settings, and to access this menu it's on the top right hand corner of the program window. As for changing the date, I don't think that can be modified.

So far, I love the fact the program doesn't have to be running in order to view the current weather, that in itself is very useful I think!

It isn't a bad little feature. Certainly good for a rough idea of what is going on in the area. Though it is still quicker to open the bureau of meteorology homepage for more detailed information and visual aids. But hey... It let me spin the earth around a bit so I was happy.

LyricistSoldier said:
So I updated n got my weather channel last night.. its pree cool.. pree cool. But now I got a little troubleshoot question for you all...

I got on this morning n checked my loacal weather (set for San Diego, CA at the moment) and it displayed a moon n clear skys. The thing is tho.. it was 7:30am bright n sunny outside. Why isnt my channel up to date? I mean its connected to the net it should be up to the minute in accuracy right? Well it should be, or at least to the hour. I mean checking at 7:30am n getting 4:00am info is pree useless.

Maybe its my net connection? Any help/input would be appreciated. & again im new if this doesnt belong here in this thread apologies :frown2:
Considering it is global and is nothing more than a handy feature for a rough guide, I wouldn't expect more than 2-3 updates per day. Plus it gives you tomorrows weather anyway so that should help a little. Also, with a bit of meteorological savvy, I was able to pick up a slight trough moving through to prove correct the light shower that the weather channel said we would get despite the drought by looking at various results from surrounding towns and cities.

lol i agree a quick visit to mosts IE home pages will give you well in my experience lately... a better current weather reading at least.

But when u spin that globe it kinda makes u wanna sing "its a small world aft.." ok ill save you the pain.. but i know everyone let out a small Wiiii ! after giving that globe a spin. :p

Back