Formula 1 For The Wii?

Lewi T

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Are we going to see an F1 game for the Wii? I love F1 and would really like to see a game come out for the Wii...anyone agree? So does anyone know of any info on a Wii F1 game?

Well ive looked all around for a Nascar or F1 game for the wii for a long time now and still nothing, no announcements, nothing. So i doubt any time soon.

Real racing games just don't seem to be Wii friendly with the developers. Look at Nascar 08'. In face there hasn't been a Nintendo Nascar game in a few years, atleast by EA Sports. It's highly unlikely that any F1 games will make it either. Had to jump on the PS2 bandwagon to get my racing fix and have not been disappointed.

Hopefully next year's F1 game will come out, when Hamilton is kickin arse at Ferrari :p

Yeah, but why not, i mean whats wrong with EA and makin one for the Nintendo?

Exactly, I don't see where the problem lies because it could just be the same as the PS2 version, and they could just use the controls like for Need for Speed Carbon - that would be their motion sensing criteria filled.

All I can think of is that this particular game would show just how little the graphics power of the Wii holds up to the other 2. Not to knock the Wii, I like it very much, but maybe they were just not allowed to put it out on the Wii for whatever reason. Why no Gamecube? Maybe Nintendo doesn't like the series.

Hm, I know that Nintendo company wants to make money and im sure they can make a few bucks off racing.

Probably, but the Nascar games are difficult. Maybe that's the reason, but what company would want to see their product put to shame? Motion controls really aren't needed in racing. It is still odd that Wii has no racing simulators, I agree very much.

Excite truck is one of the most fun games ever because of its motion controls.

Yeh I don't think motion controls are needed either, but the way they were used on NFS was very good I thought - particularly the option that acted as if the Wiimote was the accelerator, and then you just used the analog stick to steer

Racing wheels rock for racing simulators! I wouldn't race without one, but using the Wiimote on a plastic steering wheel without pedals just doesn't sound as fun.

Nah it is lame with the steering wheel, but still excite truck pwns motion sencing :D

Back