Forum Police....

Chewitt

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Hemel Hempstead (England)
....should be told to back off and to let the mods do their job. I've only been here a short while (inc. a OTT ban) and it's getting a tad annoying when i see a thread and the first reply is someone (mainly Lee.Jarrett) having ago about not searching and then saying something like "thread lockage please" as if they're some sort of lap dog. It's annoying and pathetic and despite what they may think is of no advantage to the forum.

This place has a lot of people who jump on the 'use the search' bandwagon.

I wonder if they realize that if all people did was search, what would the be the point of being on any forum?

That being said, I have my own forum (100,000+ member/3.5 million post) to help run, and don't worry too much about that BS here.

Chewitt, havent you realised why you had a ban before?
Because of this..

dakuda said:
This place has a lot of people who jump on the 'use the search' bandwagon.

I wonder if they realize that if all people did was search, what would the be the point of being on any forum?

That being said, I have my own forum (100,000+ member/3.5 million post) to help run, and don't worry too much about that BS here.

Sounds like realistic figures :wtf:

i have a few things to say here before everyone jumps down one anothers throat and this becomes one flame fest.

for starters i dont encourage the rat out ways some members do here. i dont like the "use the search function" with no prior proof to a pre existing thread. those who just scream it and dont do anything about it usually result in a no posting ban from me. if you post the link and instruct me to the thread that needs to be locked VIA PM (as long as its no older than 150 days) i will lock it and redirect the new thread to the already made one.

some other members make it more private though. the regulars usually have a way of contacting me wiether it be PM, MSN, yahoo or AIM. they tell me if someone is being problematic and that "XYZ" member is creating threads and abusing their posting power. at which point i take action.

if you have another problem such as that please tell me who you have problems with. i can talk/reason with them. if it still presists to be problematic, put that member on your ignore list. this way you cant read their posts and they cant bother you.

ignore the forum police. the rats usually stay to themselves anyways

I have no reason to lie on the internet to teenagers.

dakuta i appologize for the behavior of some members on here :blush2:

Back