Fps go down the drain on the wii

I don't own any FPS's for the Wii, but Super Monkey Ball has a Mini-game called "Monkey Warz" that is an FPS Death-match style mini-game. Maybe it's just me but the FPS Controls for that are pretty good....

Left analog to move forward/back and strafe left/right, c to crouch, a to jump. The wii pointer is used to look around and aim, but to look left/right you have to move the cursor closer to the edge of the screen. You also have to make a throwing motion to throw bombs and other junk.

I haven't played it much but I mean the controls seemed WAY better then Gears of War's, Halo or any FPS i've played with a regular controller...and this is a Mini-Game in Super Monkey Ball!

The potential is there, point-and-shoot aiming for a gun is infinitely more immersive then using analog sticks to lineup a cross-hair.

lordsknightn said:
THERE IS NO FPS BESIDES METRIOD COMING OUT THAT I HAVE SEEN!!!!I MEAN WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR

Do you honestly think you know every game that's coming out for the wii in '07? There will obviously be some FPS. It's going to take a little bit but one developer will eventually perfect the FPS control scheme for wii. From then on we will see it endlessly recreated, each time with one small feature enhanced.

lordsknightn said:
look at this picture for the resident evil game(this is a picture of a previous resident evil on gc)
resident-evil-4-20050103002224762.jpg

this is of a previous 100 bullet game(it might look good but it was canceled on a few other systems in previous years
100-bullets-20040721104454972.jpg

way over dose of blood

Those aren't FPS's. FPS stands for First Person Shooter. First Person means you take the view of the person you are controlling. A FPS is the kind of game where you hold the gun infront of you on the screen. A 3rd Person Shooter, like Max Payne, is when you have the view from behind a person and shoot.

Ohyeah, hers another FPS coming out for the Wii, Brothers of Arms, I think this is going to be great, because these guys always make good games. http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=6063

Last edited:
Actually red steel is pretty cool if you figure out how to control it. It's the best fps game i've ever played.

WiiDS said:
Do you honestly think you know every game that's coming out for the wii in '07? There will obviously be some FPS. It's going to take a little bit but one developer will eventually perfect the FPS control scheme for wii. From then on we will see it endlessly recreated, each time with one small feature enhanced.

Amen Brother.

I wonder if guy understands the fact that Wii was an underrated system when it first arrived on the scene.

Developers (especially of FPSs) were dissapointed with the Gamecube, and as well they should be. The Gamesube wasn't tailored in any way towards FPSs.

It was a wait and see kind of gig with the Wii....not only to see if the thing was actually going to work, but also to see if people would buy it. Noone wants to produce games for a system that doesn't really sell that well.

Now then....it's going to take a bit of time for Developers to actually make a game. You can't produce a game in 2 months. If you tried, it'd just be a BS game.

That said, I think there will be a decent if not very good FPS available for the Wii within the next year or just over. I wouldn't doubt that devlopers started in on games, and then just stopped after the concept stage, just in case the Wii was a flop. FPSs are too big right now for there not to be one...especially with the Wii's new control system.

Dude! GODFATHER!!!!!! COD3 may have no multiplayer but Wii remotes cost so much! I don't even have second one yet! So it works for me. You may just have to hold out on the GC shooters till you see Metroid and godfather :) I can't wait for the Godfather.

Back