Fps go down the drain on the wii

bigstrickler said:
Honestly the best FPS shooter which isnt really a shooter is elebits! and i'm serious...i just rented it, been playing over the past few days...if only red steel had these controls...seriously it is amazing the controls! the itself is a little too kiddy for my taste but my god the controls are amazing for a FPS!!! rent it or play it and you'll know what i mean...so i mean FPS on the wii def. could work, just need to follow elebits control scheme :)
i know, im getting elebits

Dude, just wait...

Nintendo will start to reveal some games they are working on and I'm sure there will be more Call of Duty's and it should include online play. People have listed a handful of FPS games that look amazing so I don't know why your still complaining.

Just let the developers do they're thang.

lordsknightn, since you are aparantly have information that the rest of us don't, please enlighten us as to the FULL line-up of all game that will ever be released on the Wii.

Oh wait, you can't :lol:

^^^^^^:incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato:

You say that your reason for posting this thread is because you just want a good FPS game. However, throughout this thread, all you have seemed to do is deny the fact that the Wii may be able to produce a good FPS experience. You don't know how Metroid will be. I remember Mr. Cassamassina from IGN got his hands on it at this e3 I believe and he said that the controls were quite good. The next order of buisness is of course the story. As it is the final metroid PRIME game, then I would assume it will offer a satisfying conclusion.

Finally, the graphics. I know you are all going to say that the graphics will no doubt suck. You only say that because you are comparing them to the 360 and PS3. You always knew the Wii would not be as powerful, so if you bought one anyways, and hate its graphical capabilities. Don't be angry with anyone except yourself. I truly think the graphics will be great. At e3, ATI said that what we were seeing was only the tip of the iceberg, as I recall. And besides, as long as they are a step up from the last console I owned, which they obviously will be, then shouldn't we all be happy?

:mad2:

Scuba Kid said:
Stop complaining! I'm sick of seeing these threads with people complaining about how tehre aren't any good games. The Wii has been out for one friggin month! I'd like to see you meet the demands of consumers within one month.

Dreamcast did:
* Airforce Delta | Konami | $49
* Blue Stinger | Sega | $49
* CART Flag to Flag | Sega | $49
* Expendable | Infogrames | $49
* House of the Dead 2 | Sega | $49
* Hydro Thunder | Midway | $49
* Monaco Grand Prix | Ubi Soft | $49
* Mortal Kombat Gold | Midway | $49
* NFL 2000 | Sega | $49
* NFL Blitz 2000 | Midway | $49
* Pen Pen Tri-Icelon | Infogrames | $49
* Power Stone | Capcom | $49
* Ready 2 Rumble | Midway | $49
* Sonic Adventure | Sega | $49
* Soul Calibur | Namco | $49
* TNN Hardcore Heat | ASC | $49
* Tokyo Xtreme Racing | Crave | $49
* TrickStyle | Acclaim | $49

All of those were launch titles. The original Soul Calibur, IMO, is one of the best fighting games ever.

This is an entirely new system, not just another generic console. Give the developers some time to get used to it.

JoonKimDDS said:
Did u just list those crappy games(except RE and Metroid) and say they are too good for u?
and call me sony/MS fanboy?
u r so pathetic.
Not only because u call those pathetic games ur favorites, and also thinking that whoever doesn't like those crappy games are anti-nintendo.

I see the bigboy can read, obviously your mind isnt smart enough to make you understand what you read but you _can_ read, good for you!

I never said i liked neither of those games, i simply listed FPS games available within a short period of time and i give the decision to the topicmaker.

Grow up? :)

Ashenshugar said:
I see the bigboy can read, obviously your mind isnt smart enough to make you understand what you read but you _can_ read, good for you!

I never said i liked neither of those games, i simply listed FPS games available within a short period of time and i give the decision to the topicmaker.

Grow up? :)
why don't u grow up noob~
u obviously don't know what good games are.
and u can write, but u canNOT read. how sad...so sad...

Last edited:
JoonKimDDS said:
why don't u grow up noob~
u obviously don't know what good games are.
and u can write, but u canNOT read. how sad...so sad...

This reflects my previous post, you read but you do not understand.

Kids, dont skip school - You'll end up as retarded as this bloke

Until the xbox came out, the only fps worth talking about on consoles were those found on the N64. Since the N64 Nintendo consoles have not had one fps worth bothering about. So to say that buying a Nintendo console means you should not expect fps's is complete rubbish.

RE is high on my wishlist but it's not an fps and neither is Metroid. The rest are average like Red Steel, COD & Far Cry has done the rounds so it's hardly fresh and exciting. Give us Crysis and then you would have us wetting our pants in anticipation.

OK, here are my thoughts on the subject:

I hate the standard console controller pads; when it comes to 3d games they do not offer the precision needed. Then we have the PC and mouse which is a great combination for fast, acuratelly controlled 3d gaming. However, I am getting a little tired of constantly upgrading the PC to get a decent frame rate. Plus the consoles seem to have much better games available...in my opinion.

When the Wii came out it looked like a great controller idea that gave the plaver the ability to use the controller in the air with the precision of a mouse. That is why I want the Wii, not so I can use the controller like a golf club or steering wheel, but so I can shoot bullets as precise as a mouse by aiming on the screen, and so I can use the nunchuck to move around the 3d environment with ease. For this reason the Wii should be great at supporting first person shooters, so I am hoping that as the developers get to grips with the system and the controls the games will get better. I mean, look at Red Steel. Given the chance to make the game again I am sure they could completely redesign the controlls and make the game a lot more fun.

Remember, the FPS games you play on the Wii right now are the first batch of games to ever make use of the controlls, and they are on a new system. Wait untill Resident Evil and Metroid Prime. By then Wii will be everything we expect it to be.

Ok every1 just needs to chill out for a sec. The wii will be the system to own for fps freaks. You guys are forgettin about the business side of the video game biz. The other reason why red steel and cod3 didn't turn out to be as good as the fps freaks thought it would be, besides that it's a new tech, is money. When something new comes out, the makers usually holds something back for a better version. If capcom made street fighter 2 turbo b4 street fighter, would they make money from street fighter? Plus, game makers are waiting to see if the wii would be a hit or a bust and so far it's a hit.

JoonKimDDS said:
u know what?
it's Wii.
you should know that wii can't have good FPS.
Red steel wasn't decent, it was just crap.

if u wanted to play good FPS, u should get XBOX360 because it has Halo and all.

that's why i am buying xbox360 + wii. so that i don't have to complain that i don't have good game in this genre and that genre, u know?

if u can't offer multi systems than u have to make some sacrifice.
U should've expected it coming when u bought a system.
wii is for mario, zelda, metroid prime. Nothing more~ or less.

Wii is great for FPS's. You just got to give the devs time to get used to it and figure out the best way to utilize the controls.

Back