Future Channels

r00ntje

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
When I got my Wii, I was very surprised at the extra Channel (though not all are active yet).

I hope that Nintendo will continue to develop new channels. Channels that I hope to see in the future:

-Wii-Chat: already rumours about this, why create Mii-avatars and not be able to show them off proper?
-Wii-kipedia: Basically u can access this encyclopedia already on the brower, but it would be great to have a cutomized interface for the Wii.
-Wii-Music/Video: Playing MP3's is already available, but they could make it more easy. Now you need to put MP3's on a disc, create a slideshow of 1 picture in Picture Channel and set up random MP3 music from the SD in the 'A'-button menu during the slideshow. (credit to below posters)
-Wii-Tube: (we tube), makes use of a webcam connected to record and share vids with other players. Also have a live-option, to directly share video with friends. (why we need phones anymores?)
-Wii-Earth: Somewhat similar to Google Earth, internet maps of the world with roadmapping.
-Demo Channel: A channel where all Nintendo games can be reviewed. Players can write their own reviews here and post them on the games. Give ratings AND play the demo of the game.
-Virtual Console Channel: To organize all your VC-games properly.
-Wii-Screensaver: Fishtanks, Fireplaces, Tranquil landscapes with wind blowing through flowers and butterflies flying. Just any nice motion picture/ 3D rendering to put on the TV when you are having a party.

Maybe I am trying to turn my imaginary Wii into some sort of PC, but in fact the Wii is somewhat similar, but far more family-friendly then any Microsoft XP Multimedia PC can be.

Any more channels that you would like to see? Feel free to add them.

(secretly hoping Nintendo devolopers look at this thread for new ideas)

Last edited:
A sports scores/stats channel would be cool. I know you could get it from the internet channel but a slick easy to use interface would be nice.

Maybe a local movie channel. Something that shows what's playing in your neck of the woods.

Music channel for your MP3s etc.

I'm sure I could think of some others but these are all that I have right now.

I doubt anyone is near it at all, but what happens when you fill up all the channels with VC games? can you get [more channels or do youjust have to save a VC game to SD and delete from the interface?

coolg35748 said:
I think one reason that there are so many free spaces is because of the virtual console games. Each game takes up one channel.

Doubt that, I mean they are not going to make a WHOLE section in the Wii Shop just for the Internet Channel are they?

I had heard a rumor from my teamate that Nintendo are going to fully support third party wii channels and hardware. They want to get as many ideas from all the developers as possible. The possibilities are endless... the channels do not have to end with the 3 pages we have already, it would be so easy just to extend by just updating the operating system.

I would also like to see a wii music channel to play mp3s and wma's that would be cool and also some sort of leaderbard channel where you can post your wii sports points :smilewinkgrin: and other games !!!!

I would like to c a acheivement channel, what games you have complete and how long, stuff on like wii sports etc.

you can hit the lil arrow on the right and it takes u to another completely blank page for more channels/games so unless u have gone VC mad u will have alot of open slots :)

As long as there is a Music/Video channel, I'll be happy. Though I'd like a new channel every few months or so, to keep things interesting. It would be a shame for Nintendo to just stop after the News Channel.

I would like to be able to store a bookmarked URL in the Wii Browser as its own channel. It would be an easy to use shortcut for frequently visited websites.

A film channel would be good! like shop channel but for films that you stream. It would be great for new films coming out with crowded cinemars!!

Back