Future Channels

Skippy said:
I would like to be able to store a bookmarked URL in the Wii Browser as its own channel. It would be an easy to use shortcut for frequently visited websites.

You can, it's the little star thing, once your on the website just click the start then select add.

On the Revival Quote above: Hell yeah!

If anyone else comes up with ideas, ill try to add them to the original post, if supported enough by other people.

Lets hope we can encourage Nintendo (if they aren't already) to add some more nice stuff for us.

Id like to see the channels made tidier when it comes to VC games. Something like giving each system on the VC its own channel which you click on to enter a second part with your games for that system listed.

A preview or demo channel for upcoming games would be nice.

they should make a vc games chanel when you go on it you see all your games instead of them using a box on the home page.

The other stuff I can use the web ...for but the music channel sounds good especially if you can use the ipod with this and video...would be great for parties/alone plus screensavers...from blank to whatever.

DAB (Digital Radio) Channel - Obvious?

DivX\Xvid Channel - Okay everyone has mentioned a film channel. But why not be specific. Charge people a small amount of points to download software\codec - then introduce the facility to stream files wireless\sd card. This would be ideal for me.

Media Explorer How about making use of Network Shares\FTP etc instead of having to use a SD card?

Developer Channelx <---never going to happen! as they use special hardware I do believe.

I would like to see a Game Rating/Review channel that would instantly bring up a top rated list or something without having to navigate the browser to a gaming site. I know I always check out a game's rating on the net before I go to buy it.

Silent-Sniper said:
Doubt that, I mean they are not going to make a WHOLE section in the Wii Shop just for the Internet Channel are they?
Exactly what I'm thinking, they could always just make a single channel for VC games instead of each one taking up one block.

Half Empty said:
You can, it's the little star thing, once your on the website just click the start then select add.

But to go to that favorite later, you have to go to the Internet Channel, then open your favorites and choose that item. I want to them be able to move that favorite to its own channel on the main screen. So I turn on the Wii, click that channel, and it opens the browser and goes right to that website. Sure, it's not a huge timesaver, but it would be an nice option to have.

Back