Gamespot biased against the Wii

It's not just the Wii, they are just full XBOX 360 supporters! SONY got screwed when they gave the new Ratchet and Clank game a 7.5. But after a while they only made themeselves look stupid. Because IGN,Game Informer, EGM, and PSM gave this same game a 9.0 or above.

ALSO I'M STILL PISSED THAT THEY STILL HAVE WARIOWARE:SMOOTH MOVES AS THE BEST WII GAME... ITS SICKENING!!!

its a good game, but twilight princes, metroid prime 3, theres a lot better out there. thats another problem, people belittling the wii, saying its only for kids, what the hell is that about?

Anything above an 8 game, they just take off 1 or 2 marks. 8 or below, they add 2 marks. (This isn't always true for xbox games, but most of the time it is. Meaning most xbox games are below 8's.)

if u just wanna defend gamespot for their bias toward wii then what the heck r u doing on a site thets centered around wii? get the heck out

p.s. it is true gamespot is very biased against wii. they only give importance to xbox.

Yungblood6 defending your beloved Gamespot is pointless, surely you can see how blatantly obvious this bias is. I much prefer IGN for all my Wii info including reviews, previews ect.

Last edited:
Here's another thing, once again a game is getting bashed also because the reviewer lacks the skill to play. About contextual actions: "...while you can always manage to make it happen, it's usually awkward and doesn't feel the way you think it should." Just wtf should ie. turning something as if turning a key should feel like? Like eating soup with a spoon? I haven't noticed anything awkward in any of the actions the game has the player do. Similar, but even worse thing happened with Australia's IGN reviewer with MK: Armageddon for Wii. "Using B-button while primarily using the D-pad is next to impossible, you have to re-position your hand everytime you want to use a special." It's not the game's nor the developers' fault if he can't use his fingers like normal human beings. I've had no problems with that setup either. It seems that everywhere the main complaint with Wii games is simply the result of bad players. Of course there are non-working motion implementations and glitchy games out there, but that's not always the case.

yungblood6:
How many multiplayer-only games have over an 8? Pretty f***ing many. These don't get penalised nor do the reviewers complain about a missing (proper) single-player portion. Ie. WoW on GS; 9.5, Quake III Arena; 9.2, Unreal Tournament; 9.5. The list goes on. Oh, and then BioShock. 9!? Buggy as hell on the PC as well as on Xbox, game freezing (Xbox360) constantly for several seconds, total lack of audio on many PCs, NO multiplayer, easy as hell. And still what do you know, they gave it a 9, and not a word of complaints about a lack of multiplayer.

Besides, some games just aren't suitable for multiplayer. Survival horror is one such genre more. What would Silent Hills be like if you weren't alone? Similarly, one key factor in Metroid's atmosphere is also the sense of being alone. Take that away with more players and it loses a hell of a lot of itself.

Last edited:
Nintendo93 said:
Just because other websites gave MP3 a great score doesn't mean Gamespot is required to do so. They're entitled to their own opinion.

Read the posts before the one you just posted.

Like i said they werent the only ones to give metroid a rating under 9 so thats like saying every one that didn't give metroid a score of 10 is biased ha. then if you read the thread creators post it said that he was upset at how they changed the rating system, but yet you guys keep bringing up old games on the previous gen systems that they gave 10's too which is based on that old system.

Then like i said its all based on preference, and opinion, i think halo 3 is hype but like i said its a million other people that think the exact opposite. so if i gave halo a 7 would i be biased towards xbox? NO its my opinion on the game. just like when they give 10's in other game review sites it there opinion but just because they give it a 10 doesn't mean im gonna like it. For you to sit a dwindle and base your game purchase on what it gets in a review mag, or site tells allot about your self judgment.
Get the games you want to get for the reason you want to get it, not because ign said they like it.

If i was to review women and say i like midgits in minnie skirts would you go out and get one. NO ( i hope not).
So stop saying people are biased just because they don't feel the same way you do about something. just because you thought that game was the best thing you ever saw doesn't mean the next person thinks the same. Same goes with reviewers, reporters and news people. They are different people with different point of views, that does not make them biased. Biased would be them giving every wii game a 5 score or lower just because its wii.
Stop being dip shits and thinking every one has to harold the wii and start making your own decisions on your game purchases.

Aren't the point of reviews to help you decide whether or not you want to lay down the hard earned cash for a game?...especially if you don't have the means to rent these games?

You can get a general feel of a game if the reviews are generally positive or negative. No excellent games get mostly terrible reviews.

You have to admit, gamespot is biased. They knock points off for silly things

Last edited:
Bridgemute said:
Aren't the point of reviews to help you decide whether or not you want to lay down the hard earned cash for a game?...especially if you don't have the means to rent these games?
yea but at the same time don't throw a fit because the game you like didn't get the review you think it should. The person reviewing it is intitled to his/her opinion. To call them biased is kinda ignorant. Also don't base your game decision on some one else's opinion use their review to get an idea about the game but not your main decision on whether you should purchase it. he might think the game is great so you go buy it based on that, and wow you hate the game. is that a smart decision making i think not.

Back