[help] Compare with PS3 and Wii, which should I buy?

Sovieto said:
360 is a year older
and ps3 is claimed to be the most powerful with the cell and everything it has
But since it is older the developers have had more time with it. The PS3 is harder to program for and it will take some times before we see its full potential. The PS3 isn't much more powerful than the 360 anyway.

C-C-C-C-CONGRATULATIONS: Sovieto, Brian, Gamercon, and paintballer!

You have destroyed yet AN-N-N-NOTHER THREAD!

You have answered: 0 of the threadstarter's questions.

Good job!

My god the Wii owns... said:

Well, at least it wasnt Shift for once :D

Good job!
I gave him feedback relating to his question. By the time I responded to Sovieto the thread had already been ruined. Would you mind stating another thread that I destroyed?

amylin0906

If you like older games, such as things on the old nintendo consoles, then you should get a wii , as you can download a fair amount of them and enjoy them again, as well as the motion controller experience being fun with friends and family. If you prefer to have the latest high end graphical experience , as well as a blu-ray player for future blu-ray dvds, as well as playing old ps2 and ps1 games, then the ps3 is the system for you.

Flagel said:
amylin0906

If you like older games, such as things on the old nintendo consoles, then you should get a wii , as you can download a fair amount of them and enjoy them again, as well as the motion controller experience being fun with friends and family. If you prefer to have the latest high end graphical experience , as well as a blu-ray player for future blu-ray dvds, as well as playing old ps2 and ps1 games, then the ps3 is the system for you.
That makes the PS3 sound really kick ass.

Put Resistance on 360, you cant but for the sake of this 'pretend' you could, and it couldnt handle everything it does. There are to many enemies on screen, to many bullets firing, to much AI to proccess. 40 people online in one game? Good luck getting the 360 to do that. If gears was on PS3, not ported, it would look better. Theres really nothing to that game.

GamerCon said:
That makes the PS3 sound really kick ass.

Put Resistance on 360, you cant but for the sake of this 'pretend' you could, and it couldnt handle everything it does. There are to many enemies on screen, to many bullets firing, to much AI to proccess. 40 people online in one game? Good luck getting the 360 to do that. If gears was on PS3, not ported, it would look better. Theres really nothing to that game.
40 people online deals with networking, not the console as much
have you seen dead rising? im sure the 360 could handle it, and from what i can tell, dead rising looks on to par with resistance for the most part graphics wise.

Good job!

Oh no, they've done it again.

Sovieto said:
40 people online deals with networking, not the console as much
have you seen dead rising? im sure the 360 could handle it, and from what i can tell, dead rising looks on to par with resistance for the most part graphics wise.
It lags at the point of to much on screen action. Its my favourite game for the 360.

If online was just networking, I would be able to play Counter Strike online with no problems, but i dont. Even Halo 3 has up to 16 players. 40 is the most ive heard of in a FPS for a console, thats impressive.

GamerCon said:
It lags at the point of to much on screen action. Its my favourite game for the 360.

If online was just networking, I would be able to play Counter Strike online with no problems, but i dont. Even Halo 3 has up to 16 players. 40 is the most ive heard of in a FPS for a console, thats impressive.
networking more than the console its much, not all networking.
and ive never experienced a slowdown in dead rising =/ even when i was in the maintence tunnels going for my 53k kills achievement
also, from what i know the resistance maps are very large, so its not like the console has to compute data from 39 sources every second, which im sure if everyone bunched up and started shooting, there would be massive lag.

Sovieto said:
networking more than the console its much, not all networking.
and ive never experienced a slowdown in dead rising =/ even when i was in the maintence tunnels going for my 53k kills achievement
also, from what i know the resistance maps are very large, so its not like the console has to compute data from 39 sources every second, which im sure if everyone bunched up and started shooting, there would be massive lag.
Your right. I was watching a video and the PS3 lagged when everyone grouped up.

Psych, its a PS3 for goodness sakes.

Your DR never lagged? Me and my friends did a few times, weird. Mine was when i was in the center and it just started getting really choppy. One time, i really wish i recorded it, my friend was playing Lost Planet and i was listening to The Black Mages: Skies Above and just when it started the guitar part, a big worm cam out of the ground. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and i was like "No way."

GamerCon said:
Your right. I was watching a video and the PS3 lagged when everyone grouped up.

Psych, its a PS3 for goodness sakes.

Your DR never lagged? Me and my friends did a few times, weird. Mine was when i was in the center and it just started getting really choppy. One time, i really wish i recorded it, my friend was playing Lost Planet and i was listening to The Black Mages: Skies Above and just when it started the guitar part, a big worm cam out of the ground. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and i was like "No way."
maybe you guys had it on for longer? i never played dr for more than about a hour at a time, that might explain it.

Back