Help with figuring out my next purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwind

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
Lets get one thing straight
I am aware I could have used some other threads
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/41100-official-game-should-i-buy-rent.html

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/31593-game-should-i-get-faq.html

I just feel neither thread to be useful. I think it is really for the aimless twits that do not have a list ready. I plan on buying these games and I am looking for people who (with worthwhile opinions) can help me with my next purchase.

Here are the following games I am looking into purchasing; House of the Dead Overkill, Madworld, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

House of the Dead Overkill- I love rail shooters. An unofficially undead genre returns to the surface of the light. I bought House of the Dead 2 and 3 return when the rest of you called it off as shovelware. However, the fear I do have from Overkill is that never hit the day of light in the arcades. How will I know it has the same challenge level as the other House of the Dead games?

Madworld- A completely new series. However, it was developed by the same people who made Okami(original PS2 version) and Viewtiful Joe. Both games I have greatly enjoyed. However, I can only guess what it is in surprise

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia- If you have never played a castlevania game, you are not qualified to make a valid evaluation of these games as your life is worth nothing. You are shallow human person who doesn't have the ability to measure the value of a video game.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon- I played an imported version(nes version) of this game when I was kid. This is the first time a translated version of the game was made. The Fire Emblem series is some of the most challenging games and probably defines the true definition of hardcore gaming(not the modern bullshite version you guys constructed). All Fire Emblem games have a great deal of replay value in it plus it has Marth in it. It also include Fire Emblem Gaiden in it, a game I haven't imported in the NES days. Plus I can use the registration code to get some Nintendo coins.

MADWORLD. So good, you'll have an orgasm.

Last edited:
I must say that if I were in your position (and still had a DS) I would get Castlevania Order of Ecclesia. When I played Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin they both took my breath away. And when I heard the new game came out (and that GTA was coming to the DS) I got sick to my stomach that I had sold my DS. Madworld and HOTD both look really good. But they can't hold a candle stick to a well put together Castlevania game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back