House of dead: Overkill problems

robc

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2009
Hi all

Ive had my Wii since christmas and have not had a problem with it so far. Today however, I got HOD:Overkill from argos with a free laser gun.

Where do i start.

Firstly, anyone know how to get the laser dot to line up with the on game crosshair?

Second, how do you calibrate the crosshair, ive gone into option etc and get to the 3 target guys but it wont let me go down to the OK and SAVE options?

Third, about half way through the 1st boss it froze giving off a very loud schreeching noise. It was only played for about 10min not even that.

For a game rated very highly by nintendo itself im very dissapointed to say the least!

Thanks

Hi all

Ive had my Wii since christmas and have not had a problem with it so far. Today however, I got HOD:Overkill from argos with a free laser gun.

Where do i start.

Firstly, anyone know how to get the laser dot to line up with the on game crosshair?

Second, how do you calibrate the crosshair, ive gone into option etc and get to the 3 target guys but it wont let me go down to the OK and SAVE options?

Third, about half way through the 1st boss it froze giving off a very loud schreeching noise. It was only played for about 10min not even that.

For a game rated very highly by nintendo itself im very dissapointed to say the least!

Thanks

I use the Perfect Shot from Nyko, and it calibrated easily, so I can't help you on the calibration problems you're having, although I've heard negative things about the gun with the laser light (if it's this one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Infrared-Laser-Magnum-Gun-Nintendo/dp/B000VSA5Y2"]http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Infrared-Laser-Magnum-Gun-Nintendo/dp/B000VSA5Y2[/ame]) You may want to get the Perfect Shot or the Wii Zapper if you want a quality gun peripheral...

I experienced the screeching freeze at the end of Papa's Palace of Pain the first time I played the game as well, but after resetting the Wii, never experienced another freeze in the game (and I've had it since it was released).

cheers for the reply.

Ye thats the gun, just a really bad design i had to use knives to unplug the nunchuck lead from the back of the Wii remote as you cant get your fingures in there.

I got that gun free with the game so cant complain really. Went out today and got the zapper and its working really well. No freezes today though so hopefully it wil continue to work. Thanks for the help

Back