How are we liking No More Heroes?

ally_uk said:
Yeah I agree with the above poster the game is lacking in long lasting appeal and becomes stale very quickly. The battle system is awful and like the above poster said you basically are just hitting the A button over and over again

The gameworld is also very dull and lacking in freshness and creativity

Well thats personal opinion and I have said this several times to you before. Your not just pressing A, you do swing to finish off opponents and its a lot better than swinging the remote all the time. Suda saw that problem and implemented a great control and battle scheme (IMO) and had a nice art direction for the game, that of which some people can not appreciate.

People complain about there not being enough fresh items and good games, and they write off No More Heroes right away as being bad? C'mon now that ain't right.

Yea I didn't think the game was the best I had ever played, but the what kept me playing was the creative characters, but the battlescheme also helped to keep me into the game also. It was fun fighting regular enimies with the controls they had set up...and bosses were even funner to try and igure out how to defeat them. I'd allways try those mission where you can only get hit once...I only won one of those...they were damn hard becuase as soon as I'd finish off someone and did the finishing move, someone else had allready hit me...a bit unfair but I guess I needed practice.

CantGetAWii said:
Well thats personal opinion and I have said this several times to you before. Your not just pressing A, you do swing to finish off opponents and its a lot better than swinging the remote all the time. Suda saw that problem and implemented a great control and battle scheme (IMO) and had a nice art direction for the game, that of which some people can not appreciate.

People complain about there not being enough fresh items and good games, and they write off No More Heroes right away as being bad? C'mon now that ain't right.

I do agree with some aspects of the combat, as it was the good thing about the game. Regardless of pressing 'A' repeatedly, the combat looks awesome and very smooth, and then to finish them off it's pretty cool too ... very quick paced and realistic.

Hyde14 said:
it sounds good wish I could get it :( curse me and my 14 yr old body!!! :mad5:

I just traded mine in for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption ... don't know why I didn't get this game in the first place... :mad5:

it needs a sequel to improve its longitude and impiment the ideas everyone has.

it is a good concept but the game could be a lot better.

and the control scheme is brillant!!

Back