how hot does the wii get

if i have wiiconnec24 on it gets hot so i bought the intec intercooler. its got a lifetime warranty so yeah, and it was like 10 bucks.

My wii once caught fire. cause im so hot, i touched it and it just bursted into flames...

You dont need any fans or anything my wii is never hot and i leave it on its Wii Stand thing.

Yeah, the fan would just be a waste of money. Save your money and your ears from the noise it will make.

Mine's been on permanent now for 3 months since I bought it, and never gets past just warm, even when played heavily with.

I'm curious as well, and some of the responses are rather ambiguous: I've had my Wii for a few days now, and I have that wiiconnect24 going/internet blah blah, but something is causing my Wii to get really warm, which I find odd compared to the 360...or maybe a closer comparison: the PS2 with it's standby mode.

Is that fairly normal for a Wii in standby to get real warm? Of course when the console is ON it gets much cooler- I presume from internal cooling/fans being on at that time.

Thanks!

Meesterjoj said:
I'm curious as well, and some of the responses are rather ambiguous: I've had my Wii for a few days now, and I have that wiiconnect24 going/internet blah blah, but something is causing my Wii to get really warm, which I find odd compared to the 360...or maybe a closer comparison: the PS2 with it's standby mode.

Is that fairly normal for a Wii in standby to get real warm? Of course when the console is ON it gets much cooler- I presume from internal cooling/fans being on at that time.

Thanks!

All machines get warm if they're on for too long, but I can't stress one thing enough - you don't need consoles on standby. Consoles have limits to how much they can take; they can get damaged due to overheating, or for just being plain worn out/used too much.

Besides just turn it off unless you have a real need for it to be on standby. Same some energy.

Unwiired said:
All machines get warm if they're on for too long, but I can't stress one thing enough - you don't need consoles on standby. Consoles have limits to how much they can take; they can get damaged due to overheating, or for just being plain worn out/used too much.

Besides just turn it off unless you have a real need for it to be on standby. Same some energy.

Well...um...ok?

I hit power and it goes into standby. Let's make sure we're on the same page: See: power on = green light, power off/standby = orange light.

Now, if there is some other magical way to turn the console completely off, please tell me.

Thanks

Meesterjoj said:
Well...um...ok?

I hit power and it goes into standby. Let's make sure we're on the same page: See: power on = green light, power off/standby = orange light.

Now, if there is some other magical way to turn the console completely off, please tell me.

Thanks

Unplug.

Unwiired said:

That is magical. heh. Hmmm seems a bit against the design though. I'll take my chances with the Wii as-is + nintendo's warranty, heh.

I wonder if turning off that Wiiconnect24 would help? Though I haven't had any messages since the day I plugged it up.

Meesterjoj said:
That is magical. heh. Hmmm seems a bit against the design though. I'll take my chances with the Wii as-is + nintendo's warranty, heh.

I wonder if turning off that Wiiconnect24 would help? Though I haven't had any messages since the day I plugged it up.

I think if your expecting to recieve something then keep the WiiConnect24 on, otherwise take it off. When your using WiiConnect24 and it's on, your using 9.6 watts, where as normal standby is just 1.3 watts.

Back