How loud will the Wii be?

Are you allright in the head?

The Wii is built to run quiet and small. It is the least likely out of the three next gen consoles to "sound like a chainsaw".

Are you following yourself. Pizzaluvr gave you what was a pretty good explanation to your question.

I heard that the 360 was very very loud when it was first released but the disc drive was changed to a quiter version and its not a bit quieter. From what i've heard the PS3 is suppose to be almost silent but i don't know how confirmed that is.

I'd guess that since the Wii is a mega upgrade on the Gamecube Nintendo will be very familiar with the hardware so hopefully it won't be too loud.

at first i thought you meant how loud the speaker on the wiimote will be, i get it now.

Anyone know how loud the Wiimote speaker will be? I can't really tell from the videos because of the crowd and stuff

IamJacksSmirkingRevenge said:
the wii has 90MN the ps3 has 65NM. anyways i hope the wii is quiet.

What does 90MN and 65NM mean? I think that the PS3 will actually be a really good console in terms of bugs and stuff. I think Sony might have learned from Microsoft's mistake in the 360 and kinked out all the bugs and it should be nice and quiet.

The Wii however will be so quiet that it'll suck up sound like a blackhole!

^OOooh, but doesn't the fact its so small constitute more powerful fans, to stop overheating.

But nevertheless, it wont be louder than a Gamecube, and as long as you're playing with the TV not muted, the sound will be ignorable, easily.

chessaholic said:
I never hear my 'cube over the noise of the tv....

yeah same here
ive only heard my gamecube while i was playing once
and it was with a used game so that was my answer
*shrugs*
so yeah it should be reletivly quiet unless you seriously screw up the disc or your Wii somehow someway

Back