I am writting a Research paper on Super Mario galaxy, give me ur input pls!

newgirl

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2007
:ciappa: hello everybody!! well I am hoping to get an insight into the world of Mario. i am writing a research paper and presenting for my american studies class in which i will be discussing its history as well as specific games. If anyone is interested in helping me out, i just need you to reply to a few questions. If you really want to tell me your side as to what drives you to this character and Mario galaxy in particular, i would love to do a one on one interview with more in depth questions. Thank you for your help.

1. Age and Gender
2. Would you consider your self a "gamer"/fan of all games related to Mario?
3.What in particular about Mario Galaxy drew you into the game?
4.How often and for how long would you say you play video games?
5. Did mario galaxy meet your expectations?
6. What would you say to those who consider it a "kiddie" game?

You don't have to answer all of them, just those you feel comfortable answering. Thank you so much for all who respond, I hope to make this an awsome paper

XD if i wrote a report about a video game in my school i would be the biggest losser in my school!

That sounds like a very interesting paper to write. Anyway, here is my input:

1. Age and Gender
I am a 20 year old male.
I like playing all kinds of games across many platforms.
The beautiful visuals and the fact that Mario 64 was a great game.
4. How often and for how long would you say you play video games?
I only seem to have around two hours or so to play on certain days.
5. Did Mario Galaxy meet your expectations?
Yes. If anything, the game exceeded my expectations.
I am not worried about what others think. Everyone has their own opinion.

I wish you the best of luck with your paper.

1. Age and Gender
I am a 15 year old male.
I consider myself a gamer, and a fan of most games related to Mario.
I don't like all of the sports ones though.
The way it looked, the new direction it was going and the fact I liked Super Mario 64 and even Super Mario Sunshine.
Almost every day, for about 2-3 hours.
Yes it did, but it also exceeded my expectations.
Don't let ratings fool you, or what people say.
The game can be tough and too elaborate for kids to play, and even too elaborate to those who say its kiddie as well :D

1. Age and Gender
Always with nintendo and mario stuff
for the wii
13 hrs per day some times on weekends
kinda. had to get 120 stars to play as luigi
no

1. Age and Gender
13 years old and Male.
I prefer playing the non-sporty ones...
It was similar to Mario 64, so it has to be good.
2-5 hours a day.
Better than I expected.
Play it first and then decide.

1. Age and Gender
I'm a 28 year old Male

I would consider myself a Mario fan although i never owned a N64. Had an NES and SNES and grew up with the old school Mario games in the 80's. I enjoy playing all kinds of games and have owned virtually every system minus N64 & Gamecube.
The outstanding gameplay and 3D graphics. Pretty much everything about this game.
Just depends. Some days a few hours, others none at all. Depends on how busy I am.
Absolutely. This game is way better than I ever expected. I don't think i've ever played a game that makes you smile so much and say, " oooohh, that's pretty cool" as often as this game.
I play games for myself, not anyone else. :wink: This game is a little on the easy side but I play this game for the pure enjoyment and brilliant gameplay and just might go play it right now :lol:

newgirl said:
:ciappa: hello everybody!! well I am hoping to get an insight into the world of Mario. i am writing a research paper and presenting for my american studies class in which i will be discussing its history as well as specific games. If anyone is interested in helping me out, i just need you to reply to a few questions. If you really want to tell me your side as to what drives you to this character and Mario galaxy in particular, i would love to do a one on one interview with more in depth questions. Thank you for your help.

1. Age and Gender

You don't have to answer all of them, just those you feel comfortable answering. Thank you so much for all who respond, I hope to make this an awsome paper

For Myself
1. Male 26
2. I am a gamer, and a Mario Fan
3. It was shown at the E3 before the launch of the Wii, and billed as the next step in the progression that started with Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. I liked those, and looked forward to this. Then I played the Demo at Gamestop and was hooked.
4. I play some video game at least Daily, and generally for no less than 2 hours each day. Often on my days off, I'll play for upwards of 8 hours.
5. So far, yes it has.
6. To them I say, "When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of being thought childish, and the over strong desire to be grown up."
This, being a literary quote, will fly quite over there heads, sadly.

newgirl said:

1. Age and Gender
20 m/ gf is 18 f both play galaxy
not all games related to mario. too many mario games.
an actual good game for the wii + $25 gift card from toys r us when i purchase it
18.5 credits in college and i play about 12 hours per day. this is the average c student.
yes, all the colors from the rainbow are in there. Who wouldn't want to see that.

yep. pink stars and purple star bits. yea, kiddie game. I've read that most babies like this game because of the shape and color.

Just a quick question/thought. Wouldn't it be better to interview and or question people you come across in a mall instead of doing it over a forum. That way, you can at least back up your findings with actual names of people who you have interviewed and or questioned, instead of questioning people on a forum. Also, I'm pretty sure that your teacher is going to require you to cite your work. Therefore, citing a member from a forum isn't the best method and may be frowned upon by your teacher. Although, I may be wrong..

Last edited:
1. 16 yo male
2. I've been gaming for a while...
3. Its revolutionary to the gaming world.
4. About once a week.
5. and more.
6. Grow up. Nintendo is revolutionizing the gaming industry and they can't admit it.

I am afraid the mod is correct I know many people who are teachers and would not allow a forum as a source for a paper and would even go as far as saying its lazy as suggested it would be better to go survey people at the mall or some place like that you may need to get permission from the store owners i think your best bet would be to do it in front of a game stop or something like that :D

ITS THE bEST GAME IN THE WORLD. theres your paper....

1. Age and Gender
19 - Male

I'm a casual gamer. I've been playing Mario games since the Snes generation and still love them.

The orchestrated music in the trailers sounded awesome. Also, the positive reviews.

Usually I play about 30 minutes - 2 hours a week. When I get a new game, it can be up to 5 hours a week.

It was great as I had expected.

That they are absolutely right. It's kiddie and that's what I like about it.

1. Age and Gender
I am a 22 year old male.
Yeah I've got all the "current" Mario games "mario strikers, mario galaxy, new super mario bros, mario and luigi partners in time"
Looked amazing, and its Mario on Wii. That epic
err till 3 in the morning most "nights" even work nights :shocked:
Yes.
some parts very easy, some of the later Stars were quite had to get. Easy to complete hard to 100%

Back