I can't save data to the SD card

frankb522

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2009
I can not save my Mario Kart Wii save to the SD card. All the other games will save but the Mario Kart will not copy. When I hit copy, instead of asking if it should save to the SD card, it says This file can not be copied. Am I doind something wrong?

Frank

No, you're not doing anything wrong. You can't copy save game files for games that have online capability.

I saw on ebay a guy selling an SD card that he says has all of the Wii save data for Mario Kart with everything unlocked...sounds like it must be bogus....thanks for the help

The guy selling that is a moron trying to get money for something that you can actually find freely available. There are a few places online to get save files for Wii games.

I believe there are hacks for the homebrew channel that do allow you to bypass the restriction backing up these save files. However if they have been played online, then they are tied to a certain friend code, so are generally useless for use on any other console. I think I've read that if you never play the game online, then you can back up the save file since it has not been tied to a friendcode yet, but I'm not entirely certain about that.

Back