I hate to sound like a noob but...

Woadie

[+] Member
Jun 21, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Wii Online Code
1111-1111-1111-1111
I've noticed that when playing against higher levels sometimes i will pick up their guns and notice that the clip is set to shoot 1 bullet per clip.
Is this a strategy among higher levels to change the clip setting before you die? also if you are in a fire fight with someone is there a point that you stop shooting and make the change or can it be done once the screen turns red before you respawn?
on my classic controller pro this "clip change" can be made by pressing "up" on the d-pad.
other than handicapping anyone who picks up the gun after you, is there any advantage to having a 1 bullet clip?

Woadie, I have noticed this also, but just here recently. I use the nunchuck setup and have it set so that if I shake the nunchuck it will change from full-auto to semi-auto. I always just assumed that a had inadvertently shaken the nunchuck after picking up the gun. It looks as if that may not be the case.

ive learnt that using a terralite means i dont need a sniper rifle for the docks (when the others are camping that room).... well i dont need it IF i remember to switch to single shot.

could that explain it?

also i have to admit i notice that with terralites and up, many weps i picked up off someone was set to single shot.
and seeing as i was a noob, i tried to empty clips into peoples heads, only realiseing as i died that i only fired 1 bullet lol.....

so now, if using my one of my terra loadouts... and assuming i remember (which isnt always that often), i switch to single shot at the moment of death.

its normally easier to do this is you are trying to strafe out of the way... just run, flick and switch.... then if i survive- back to full auto...and if i die... well so be it. harder to remember whilst in the middle of gunfire though. i have noticed that sometimes if im fast enough- i can get to the guy who killed me BEFORE he notices that its set to single shot. (i must admit thats fun, even if rare).

ive noticed that too... its really weird.

awesome, thanks for your imput Crazy, so how does single shot substitute for having a sniper rifle? is the bullet more powerful or are you just banking on headshots?

The single shot with the Terra obviously gives less recoil hence a better aim, particularly with a silencer but that just may be me.

yup, a silenced terra on single shot is surprisingly accurate.

for mid range shots (like the boat room scenario) is very accurate.

for long distances (like sniper tower to walkway on outpost), its good ( probably as good as the pavlov, assuming you have time and a still hand).

for extra long shots (like memorials start areas up high, from one side to the other), its no sniper rifle but it CAN hit (though no chance of me killing someone there, i cant get enough shots to kill before they run- some can though).

the scopes will aid your sighting of targets but with the silencer you will have a more accurate shot, all it takes is nerve and a cpl of seconds to take aim.... then "Pppfffff." (silenced terra :wink:)

People do this all the time with the strata. I think they just know that you most likely will not check the weapon mode.

That is kinda the conclusion i've come to as well. After trying out the terralite on semi-auto i've found no advantage to using single shot. Yes it gives a steadier shot but it takes 4-5 shots to kill in most cases plus who is gonna stay still at long range when the first shot hits them?

i think it might automatically reset to the opposite mode that the person was using if that makes sense. ive noticed it with the masterton. if someone uses it on the fully automatic mode and i get a mutual kill on them and go back for it, the firing mode is on the single bullet. when i didnt have a strata the same thing happened. just an idea. i dont think anyone would set it to single bullet shots thinking that someone wouldnt check the firing mode. maybe they do though. not sure.

Back