i have Messed it up good!! HELP PLEASE

lennybenne

WiiChat Member
Jul 12, 2009
Hi people,

got a good one for you!

just got my wii today, and after setup thought the picture quality could be better. so went into the display set up and changed the Hertz from 50 to 60.

what happened next was my screen turned blue. no problem i thought, there must be a timer and when i have not OK'd the change it will change back.

IT DIDN'T !!!

have i broken my new toy and have to send it back?

or can i reset the console to its original state.

i have tried unplugging it and removing the internal battery for 10 Min's, but this has not fixed the problem.

any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lenny.

not yet, thought i would ask on here first.

u can't hear the laughter over the internet!

will try them tomorrow if no joy on here

the tv was fine untill i changed the hertz!

i would change it back to 50 but i can not see the menu's coz the screen is blue.

maybe someone could run through the menu and note down all the cursor movments 4 me?

i.e. down twice A, left one A, down one A, done!!!

i live in hope

But won't the menu still come up, you changed the hertz with the TV remote right? Display should still show up with the remote.

Try Removing all the wires from your TV and the Wii and leaving them all out for 20mins then reconnect and boot up.

But won't the menu still come up, you changed the hertz with the TV remote right? Display should still show up with the remote.

No i changed the hertz on the wii,

and i left the wii unplugged with the battery out for about 10 hours and it still remembered the settings?

sorted it out now, remember this if you are ever as stupid as me and do something similar.

hold the down key on the wiimote, and press reset on the console while continuing to hold the down key.

SORTED!!!!

now why could they not put that in the manual???

"hold the down key on the wiimote, and press reset on the console while continuing to hold the down key."

Which key do you hold down?

I know it isn't funny now but later .. I did the same thing not long ago. What a crapass sinking feeling!

Fortunately I knew where all buttons should be and with rumble on(it vibrates when you hover over a button) I changed it back. Even though nothing showed on screen I knew it was there because of the rumble.
Funny now but then I thought well it is my 2nd Wii so imagine. I will try to get the steps for you.

Oh nevermind I just read your edit lol.

My little boy did the same - I found it out after spending hours trying to reset it. The was I got around the problem was by connecting the unit to a separate screen (an LCD) that then enabled the system to be adjusted back to 50Hz
all the best.

Back