i want a DS but do i need it?

T

The_Loose_Cannon

sorry to upset you guys but this nintendo wiichat moderator has a PSP.....yes thats right a PSP.....:sick:

in truth i love the thing but never really play it since my bf hogs it and i dont really have many games for it.

after playing my wii for so long and realizing how many games that are out for the wii were originally for the DS (IE wario, big brain, cookoff mamma ect), i thought about buying one.

its not that expensive and its got some neat games.

so like i wrote in the title i want one (found one on amazon.com for cheap), but do i really need it if i have a wii and PSP?

I recommened it if you're intending on going on long journeys or anything, but other then that I vote you don't bother :) unless you really hate your boyfriend for taking your PSP and you wish you could play with it so much :) then get a DS. But it's mainly good for holidays and such IMO.

um,.... the psp is way better than the ds...... speaking from experience!!

wiired said:
I recommened it if you're intending on going on long journeys or anything, but other then that I vote you don't bother unless you really hate your boyfriend for taking your PSP and you wish you could play with it so much then get a DS. But it's mainly good for holidays and such IMO.

well its REALLY his and sometimes between boyfriends and girlfriends you buy things that are "gender friendly" so you get neutral things such as a BLACK PSP or a WHITE/BLACK DS lol. (hense why my new camera is black- i wanted the sony w55 but it came in pink :sick: it would look bad if my bf had that LMAO so black nikon s50 it is hehe)

anyways, i like the psp but im getting board of it. could be the lack of games that we own. i should buy some new stuff. welp gamestop.com here i come

24forlife said:

you need to stop spaming so much or else ill issue you a 3 day no posting ban

I'd definitely suggest getting a DS, but not just a DS, a DS Lite. Only a few bucks more and you get a brighter screen, and a liter handheld console. If you have a PSP, I still suggest it because, you've seen Nintendo, they have a totally different style on gaming than Sony. It's nice to have a mix of both.

And,

24forlife said:

This isn't a popularity contest, she has a PSP and wants to know if she should get a DS.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
well its REALLY his and sometimes between boyfriends and girlfriends you buy things that are "gender friendly" so you get neutral things such as a BLACK PSP or a WHITE/BLACK DS lol. (hense why my new camera is black- i wanted the sony w55 but it came in pink :sick: it would look bad if my bf had that LMAO so black nikon s50 it is hehe)

anyways, i like the psp but im getting board of it. could be the lack of games that we own. i should buy some new stuff. welp gamestop.com here i come

you need to stop spaming so much or else ill issue you a 3 day no posting ban
wait how am i spamming????

24forlife said:
wait how am i spamming????

because you type irrelevent content. its annoying. ive been reading most of your posts and youll be noticing your post count drastically lowering in the near future as i finish editing them.

and yes FR youre right. i used to have a PS and ps2 and i had a nintendo 64 and almost every gameboy system. i love both sony and nintendo but still kinda want a DS to again have that balance. with every sony product i owned the other half.

i should just swing it. its not like its expensive like the PSP was. i noticed that amazon.com has really cheap DS games and i saw in a toys r us circular that they had a buy 2 get the 3rd free sale on DS games.

Go for it, it's really fun =]

My brother and nephew both have a PSP and a DS and they both got a variation of games for each one and they love them both =]

I have a DS myself and have been thinking about getting a PSP..

But yeah go for it, I think the touch screen makes playing a game on the DS completely different so it won't be like just another hand held :)

|I would say go for it Jill and buy r4ds even though you're a cop
It's much better than wasting $30 every time you buy a ds game

wii_cammy said:
|I would say go for it Jill and buy r4ds even though you're a cop
It's much better than wasting $30 every time you buy a ds game

they have those on dealextreme.com

i have NO idea what they do or what they are.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
they have those on dealextreme.com

i have NO idea what they do or what they are.

they are a flash card..which you download roms of ds games(which is illegal to do...) and most hold 25 games and then its just like having the game..but you download them off the internet..which then you never buy games..but again its illegal to download games,,,

anyway...i think its a good idea to get a ds...i have a wii,psp(only for grandtheft auto, and locco roco)360, and a ps3 and i wanted something to play the new games such supermario bros, diddykong racing, dinerdash, sim city, and i havent had a portible nintendo since gameboy color..so i bought one in may..best purchase i ever made!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
sorry to upset you guys but this nintendo wiichat moderator has a PSP.....yes thats right a PSP.....:sick:

in truth i love the thing but never really play it since my bf hogs it and i dont really have many games for it.

after playing my wii for so long and realizing how many games that are out for the wii were originally for the DS (IE wario, big brain, cookoff mamma ect), i thought about buying one.

its not that expensive and its got some neat games.

so like i wrote in the title i want one (found one on amazon.com for cheap), but do i really need it if i have a wii and PSP?

Personaly if your getting it i would get the ds lite and an r4ds it's like 80 buck (with membory) and it hols around 14-17 games. of course that's only if you don't mind that fact you'll be illegally downloading games. plus it lets you use action replay cheats ( fun when you get bored of a game, or stuck

here the offical site
http://r4ds.net/

Here's where you would buy it from
http://superds.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5&zenid=dae21de8ac0bfb303d8a3d46577d5330
get the bundle deal it'll save you 30 bucks.

rep is good:smilewinkgrin:

edit:
oh right also it would probly make you look better here on wiichat to have a ds. whitch is cool

Last edited:
lol loose bth do we all really need to have a wii and a DS and a PSP and an xbox and all the other crap we have these days? i recomend if you want one then just get it! plus when i got mine my wii got ignored for about a month and still doesnt get played as much as the DS

Its a no brainer, If you have ever thought of getting one then do it you wont regret it trust me.

I would suggest that you get the DS. It has a large library of games and I am sure that you will enjoy it. Besides, there is talk about the DS connecting to the Wii in the near future, so you wouldn't want to miss out on any extras. :lol:

Back