IGN reviews Heatseeker, loses cred

I bought the game here in UK when it was released and it was good fun for a few hours, but it didn't last. The missile cam was very cool to start with, but in the end i stopped using it. I just found that the illusion of actually flying failed a lot of the time and it felt like i was just moving the screen around rather than my plane. I exchanged it for ssx blur which i then quickly exchanged for Prince of Persia which also only lasted a few hours in my Wii before i got bored. Roll on Mario Strikers!!

You'd be better off downloading Lylatt Wars (Starfox 64) off the VC channel, a great flying combat game, allbeit on rails.

Edit

Sorry just seen the point of the thread about IGN credibility and I've just blabbed on about the game.

Last edited:
mukeliller said:
iawtc

this is freaking halarious!! The IGN UK counterparts have the EXACT OPPOSITE things to say about the same game. lmao--this solidifies my critique on IGN, they are a B-A-D reviewer

What?
You know different reviewers are entitled to their own opinions - just because they disagree doesn't mean that they're "B-A-D".

IGN are a bit iffy on Wii games, we all know that. But its nice to know what they think, but i dont let reviews influence me too much.

Whats your view on the game?

E7ernal said:
What?
You know different reviewers are entitled to their own opinions - just because they disagree doesn't mean that they're "B-A-D".

This is a bad review, I am CERTAIN that the reviews are dependent on whether or not a dev/distributor/etc. throws down more cash. I am trying my damndest to get a hold of this game here in the US but no luck yet.

So far the the most useful review of this game is from
Zakrocz said:
I just found that the illusion of actually flying failed a lot of the time and it felt like i was just moving the screen around rather than my plane.

Back