IGN reviews Heatseeker, loses cred

mukeliller

beep beep
Dec 20, 2006
From the IGN review on 4/30/2007:

After putting a ton of time into Codemaster's Heatseeker for Wii, we've found one of the best feeling flight games out there. What we still haven't found, however, is the total package in either graphics, gameplay, or presentation, as Heatseeker's basic entertainment value is still plagued by a lack of variety, simplistic design, and an overall last-generation feel.

I hate IGN. Dont you?

Apparently next gen feeling isnt enough to combat the last-gen graphics?? Is that what they're trying to say? Does anyone else think thats a total load?

Ive been excited about this game--looks tight I think, can anybody corroborate my feelings on this?

So you are going to blast someone for a review of a game you haven't played? That makes a lot of sense. A lot of games look good, but that doesn't mean they are good. If, after playing it, you feel the review was unfair then by all means blast on it.

IcedEarth81 said:
So you are going to blast someone for a review of a game you haven't played? That makes a lot of sense. A lot of games look good, but that doesn't mean they are good. If, after playing it, you feel the review was unfair then by all means blast on it.
Yea pretty much.:yesnod:

IcedEarth81 said:

the review was contradictory, try reading the post

I read that as meaning it was one of the best feeling flight games control-wise, but the overall package was lacking. Perhaps it wasn't written extremely well, but I think it's pretty obvious that he wasn't talking about the same thing both times. Again, perhaps he should vary his word usage, but just because he used feeling and feel each time doesn't mean he was referring to the same thing.

Then again, I forgot that any review that doesn't heap praise on a game gets smacked around over here and means that said reviewer hates Nintendo, the Wii, America, pop tarts, and apple juice.

Byuakuya said:
I think IGN's reviews are pretty good. But there may be exceptions such as this I guess.

I trust the threads right here on wiichat the most when im looking to find out about a game ... everyone here usually brings to the table a good combination of other online reviewers and their own experience.. cant get better than wiichat!:D

IcedEarth81 said:
Then again, I forgot that any review that doesn't heap praise on a game gets smacked around over here and means that said reviewer hates Nintendo, the Wii, America, pop tarts, and apple juice.

whoa there buddy i wasnt going that far.. this is actually the first time i've complained about a reviewer.. i've just kinda had it with IGN ...& apple juice

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
if it was the wrong thread well why post in it in the first place n00b
Yeah that was odd.

mukeliller I think your crazy to disagree with a review without even playing the game yet. IGN is my favourite gaming website and I am used to how picky they are. I don't think its a total load of bull, but it is an opinion and you probably will like the game more than Bozon.

Back