IGN - Sonic and the Secret Rings Review

at least beats the crap outta those crap consoles' (PS3 and XB360) Sonic the Hedgehog games

rgf942 said:
GOD DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNT DAMNIT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! Is there EVER going to be a good game for Wii???

6.9, thats pretty good, I thought it would be around there. You actually had high expectations for this game? It looks like good fun, but its far from epic. I feel the same way though, all the really good games have been delayed significantly, so we have to settle for mediocre games. I just take adavantage of Blockbusters no late fees and keep each game I rent for a month.

o well, for the people who like the game, enjoy for the people who dont, it happends. i wasent really planning on getting sonic. best we can do is look foward to other games we want. for me, ssbb, mario strikers chagred, madden 08, maybe SMG.......

The GameSpot review was fair and direct.

IGN had to explain their score, if you have to do that, then maybe you should maybe look at your score again.

Axtlar said:
what the hell?! don't you mean "good Sonic games in general"? are you stupid? there's more good games for the Wii than for the PS3(only one for ps3 I believe) most of the Wii games have good reviews...Sonic for Xbox 360 and PS3 got a 4 so this one for the Wii is alot better than that crap, so next time get your facts straight

Ok well I'm sorry for exploding but it was sort of in a fit of rage. And also, how could I "get my facts straight" if my post didnt have any facts?

On another note I'm not comparing sonic on wii to sonic on ps3/360, im trying to judge it based on being a game. And according to Ign, its not too great.

EDIT: In reply to En4Neo, I checked Gamspot and they actually gave it a 7.6, not a 7.4.

yeah I know..but I still like all the videos..IGN is not gonna change my view of the game

thats weird that Gamespot actually gave a wii game a higher score than IGN!

XD ok so all od u make a good pont but untill someone (who dosnt revew games buys it and tells me it good)ill buy it(i was SO looking forward to this game because of sonicA2

Ive been a long time Sonic fan and i must say although this game hasnt been given the highest of marks, im still for sure gonna buy it. its all down to personal taste at the end of the day

slightly off topic here, everyone raved about how much Oblivion on the pc was the best and got 90%+, when i came to play it i thought it was dull =/

Sure Sonic games of recent haven't up to par with their 16 bit counterparts, but the reviews are getting higher, which means SEGA are making steps in the right direction!

GameSpot Review7.6
goodGameplay 7
Graphics 8
Sound 7
Value 8
Tilt 8
Difficulty: Medium
Learning Curve: About a half hour

if its this good and got 8's & 7's why not 8.9 or something more anyway getting this game!

soundwave85 said:
GameSpot Review7.6
goodGameplay 7
Graphics 8
Sound 7
Value 8
Tilt 8
Difficulty: Medium
Learning Curve: About a half hour

if its this good and got 8's & 7's why not 8.9 or something more anyway getting this game!

I might be missing your point - if so, sorry, but 7+8+7+8+8=38...38/5=7.6 (not sure how you would come up with an 8.9?)

have you even seen reviews on gamespot as of late there are games with worse scores than this that have better reviews thats my point.

Same here reviews say its ok just can get frustrating at times and the music is abit cack but apart from that looks good can wait for mario ssb resident evil
metriod

Back