IGN's Hero Showdown: Master Chief vs. Samus Aran

tomqman

The Evil Of Nintendo
Nov 29, 2006
U.K.
Wii Online Code
0430-9009-6263-5525
ign have a poll going on untill wednesday
September 26, 2007 - Here at the newly-formed IGN Stars, we like to pose the kind of questions that you and your friends are already arguing about and open them up to the world for resolution once and for all.

In the world of videogames, there is nothing more polarizing than console loyalty… and that extends to mascots. In the realm of sci-fi shooters, there are no bigger players than Metroid's Samus and this week's biggest star, Master Chief. Both have tenacity, both have proved themselves in the sales arena, both have withstood the test of time. Both are set up as shining examples of the companies they represent: Chief for Microsoft and Samus for Nintendo.

With the latest installments of their respective franchises recently on store shelves, we thought it the perfect time to ask: Who would win in a knock-down, drag-out space brawl to the death? Would it be the crafty, stoic Samus or the resourceful, hard-edged Master Chief? We decided to let you, the readers battle it out. Scan the information below then visit the poll and let your voice be heard.

link
Vote Link

I wonder fow how long Samus will take the lead.

Whenever the Halo fanboys have a free minute from playing Halo3, they'll definatley vote for MasterChief, and there are far more Halo fanboys than Metroid players.

voted for Samus, btw

Last edited:
spread the word and give samus the respect she desvers (metroid is a game that dosnt need hype to sell it can and will do that on its own)

Samus is winning by a landslide...

I voted for Samus.

Samus- 73%
Master Chief- 27%

Obviously I voted Samus.

In reality (wow, just realized how hypocritical that phrase was) Samus would destroy Master Chief. Master Chief has a few guns and a small amount of health. Whereas Samus has Rockets and Beams and Phazon and such and has...what...10 bars of life?

minto said:
i voted for master chief
i voted samus but thats what this poll is for too see who is the fav so no1 start this into another halo vs metroid thread as the poll will tell us

Samus would beat Master Chief easily. Not that MC isnt a great fighter because he is but Samus' weaponry is just too advanced for him.

kinda sucks everyone is too busy PLAYING halo 3 to care for this poll or see it...... lolololool (worst time to put up a poll like this)

Sovieto said:
kinda sucks everyone is too busy PLAYING halo 3 to care for this poll or see it...... lolololool (worst time to put up a poll like this)
If they were honest though then Samus would still win, only way MC would stand a chance is if they voted on a pure fanboy basis and ignored the characters abilities.

Have to give credit to the IGN posters though, there was quite a few Halo fans who said that realistically Samus would win.

raisinghelen said:
If they were honest though then Samus would still win, only way MC would stand a chance is if they voted on a pure fanboy basis and ignored the characters abilities.

Have to give credit to the IGN posters though, there was quite a few Halo fans who said that realistically Samus would win.
hardly anyone is going to vote based on weapons and abilities....were you born yesterday?

Back