im craving some news on THE BIGS!

the rookie challenge is where you create a player, however you want and place him on a team. The goal is to become the World Series MVp. Through out the season you get assigned tasks, for example it might be make 3 great plays during the game, or start a 7th inning comback. So im not sure if you play every game as a team,but i cant see how you wont,but you get assigned tasks and your team in general i think has to do well. So its kinda like a season except your goal is to have your player grow and have him become World Series MVp. Im not sure if what else is in the challenge but ign said they liked it and it was fun. You also go through the trading deadline so i assume you can trade players and edit rosters! So if the Yankees make a move by the deadline, hopefully i can make it in the game!

Last edited:
Rookie challenge is where you create a rookie and perfect his skills as you work your way to the big leauges. Kind of like hall of fame mode in Madden 06.
By the way how do you create a post.

games: Legend of Zelda Twighlight princess,Red Steel,Wii Sports,Excite Truck,Marvel ultimate alliance,Wii Play,Super Mario Bros.,Donkey Kong,Ninja Gaiden,Baseball,MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks and 2gb san disk mem. card

gamefreak4 said:
Rookie challenge is where you create a rookie and perfect his skills as you work your way to the big leauges. Kind of like hall of fame mode in Madden 06.
By the way how do you create a post.

games: Legend of Zelda Twighlight princess,Red Steel,Wii Sports,Excite Truck,Marvel ultimate alliance,Wii Play,Super Mario Bros.,Donkey Kong,Ninja Gaiden,Baseball,MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks and 2gb san disk mem. card

?? Do you mean Thread? Theres a box in the top left hand corner of each catgerogy that says New Thread, click that and your good to go!

THE BIGS SHIPS TODAY!

Turns out Walmart is expecting to put this game on the shelves June 29th at 12am. Is anybody getting it sooner? I only just now saw Resident Evil 4 there, and it has been out longer.

im getting it tomorrow. Gamestop, bestbuy and toys r us will have it tomorrow. So im picking it up whenever its on the shelves tomorrow

Wiitime said:
So im not sure if you play every game as a team,but i cant see how you wont,but you get assigned tasks and your team in general i think has to do well.

ya, im not quite sure how that works either. it could be like the Show where the game fast-forwards to when the ball is hit to you or when you come up to bat. will be interesting to see...

yea.. well i will know within 24 hours. I contacted my eb and they said it will be in tomorrow. If they are sold out, i hav bestbuy and Toys R Us... I hope you play most of the games. I would think if you get tasks like many 3 great plays you have to play the whole game. In a interview i watchd, they said one is to start a 7th inning comeback, that is when i can see it being fastfoward. Either way, i hope its fun. WHen i first get it, i will do a exibition game and write a review as i go along for you guys.

Fwelr- then we can combine reviews and talk about what we think whenever you get the game.

Wiitime said:
yea.. well i will know within 24 hours. I contacted my eb and they said it will be in tomorrow. If they are sold out, i hav bestbuy and Toys R Us... I hope you play most of the games. I would think if you get tasks like many 3 great plays you have to play the whole game. In a interview i watchd, they said one is to start a 7th inning comeback, that is when i can see it being fastfoward. Either way, i hope its fun. WHen i first get it, i will do a exibition game and write a review as i go along for you guys.

Fwelr- then we can combine reviews and talk about what we think whenever you get the game.

getting it tomorrow as well. ill do an exhibition or two to learn the controls, then play through a week or 2 of rookie challenge to see what that's like. ill pm you with what i think at like 6/7 PST, 9/10 EST and you can create the thread.

Am or PM?? if i get it b4 u, maybe ill post my review then u pm me urs and i can add it to my review

@Wiitime: I'm relying on you to give a me a sufficient review of the game. I'm halfway between buying it and saying no to it. I'm not entirely sure. Thank you.

FR. You got it! Im getting the game tomorrow hopefully the morning. If not then in the afternoon, it depends where i get it.If i cant get it at my ebgames or my gamestop, i will go later to bestbuy or toys r us. So while i play it i will be posting my review. Hopefully it will be good enough to convince you to buy this game. Anything specific you want to know?

**When i make the review, i will make a new thread for it**

Last edited:
Wiitime said:
Am or PM?? if i get it b4 u, maybe ill post my review then u pm me urs and i can add it to my review

i can get it done earlier if you want, i just wanted to play a little bit of the rookie challenge before i got the complete review. how about this, ill send you my exhibition review after i play that, and then get the rookie challenge to you later.:yesnod:

Wiitime said:
FR. You got it! Im getting the game tomorrow morning. So while i play it i will be posting my review. Hopefully it will be good enough to convince you to buy this game. Anything specific you want to know?

Not much, but I guess I'd like to see if gameplay is realistic and if the graphics are good. :yesnod: Thanks again.

~FR.

FWELR said:
i can get it done earlier if you want, i just wanted to play a little bit of the rookie challenge before i got the complete review. how about this, ill send you my exhibition review after i play that, and then get the rookie challenge to you later.:yesnod:

Sounds Good!:yesnod:

I Take this post back.. This person never played this game..

*** IGNORE***

I HATE posting this but i will. Before i do. I cannot believe this is true. either this person hates the wii, or was expecting to much. if it was like this, i think IGN would have said that, IGn said it was a fun game and didnt say any of these things. This doesnt change my mind at all. I found this on gamespot under the wii forum for THE BIGs. ALso, the game doesnt come out until tomorrow so i am questioning this..

What I'm looking for is a serious Baseball sim. Madden 07 did a fantastic job allowing a solid sim for serious football fans and people who have never played a football game. I was very impressed with the managing aspect. The disappointment came in the clarity of the stats when editing and creating a player. The Gameplay was horrific. The fielding in the outfield were glitchy and slow and batting was too... its hard to explain. The only part I would keep was the breakpoint aiming system.

The Bigs looks like an arcadey travesty of America's Game. Travesty is too strong of a word. 2K Sports has to create a quick explosive game to satisfy the generation they market this too. I blame the fact that my generation has become to impatient and has lost the love for this fantastic game.

This certainly is a step towards a real baseball sim. I just hope that 2K Sports can progress to the entertainment value of the EA version of the games.

i reread the ign hands on ( they dont have an offical review yet) this is something i pulled out

Still, I've personally put in a ton of time with my rookie, and it's been a blast to play through. a

and
We've now put more than 10 hours into The Bigs collectively, and though there are some definite issues we'd like to see worked out, it's still an entertaining game of arcade baseball. The Wii specifics are somewhat give and take, as we really don't feel any more connected to the game when fielding or batting than we would with button presses. Pitching has its definite moments, as you can grip and rip for a variety of pitches, but overall The Bigs is a decent game with some passable Wii motion. Still, for MLB junkies or people just looking for a refreshing sports game this summer, The Bigs is a solid choice. It's fast, fun, and pretty deep for a blast from arcade's past.

Last edited:
Back