Imac Notebook

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
Anybody have one?? My birthday is next month turning 18. And i dont know what to get. My cousin today told me what about a imac laptop.. Since i am going to collge next year it would be good to have. My dad would give me his dell laptop, but i hear imac laptops are better and more college type. SO does anyone have it? Are they good? Do you recommend it?

Thanks

If you're referring to the macbook pro I will be picking one up soon for College. I believe that they are very useful and would come in handy for college.

isnt macbook differnt macbook pro???

Possibly in terms of storage but other than that their practically the same. Or at least that's what I've heard.

yeah.... does anyone have it? i wonder if its worth it... i had had a dell for a few years ( desktop) so is imac notbook, easy to adapt too?

By looking at info, macbook pro is better. SO does anyone have the mac book pro?? Its $2000. Please, if anyone has it, tell me how it is. Is it better then dell? Does it have a lot of problems? How is the battery life? Can i use Msn messenger, aim etc on it?

Last edited:
the macbook pro has a faster CPU, more HDD space, better gfx card and more RAM but is $1000 more expensive. however if your going to collage for graphic design (like me) you will want to get a macbook pro to hand the graphic creating programs better. (i hopefully getting one soon!)

IS a macbook good? i am going to college next year. So i would need it for, HW, research, writing papers, internet etc.. would that fufill my needs??? By the look of it, the pro would be a waste of 1000 because i dont need all of that stuff. right?

My friend is about to get one, I don't think they are that good. I would stick to a PC. Toshibas look nice, and Dells are great.

I own mac book pro and it's really nice... I don't use dell computers, and i don't think it compares to a mac book pro. A mac book pro is way better than a dell laptop imo. But it also depends on what you use your computer for.

If you are using programs only made for windows os, then macbook pro is not for you. You can use MSN, aim (or ichat that comes with osx; you can log in using an aim account), yahoo, skype,..etc on a mac. It is easy to adapt to, and has some very nice features...

If you buy it from apple's official website (www.apple.com), you can get student discount of $200 less than regular price.

Hope this helps... :cool:

shishkba said:
I own mac book pro and it's really nice... I don't use dell computers, and i don't think it compares to a mac book pro. A mac book pro is way better than a dell laptop imo. But it also depends on what you use your computer for.

If you are using programs only made for windows os, then macbook pro is not for you. You can use MSN, aim (or ichat that comes with osx; you can log in using an aim account), yahoo, skype,..etc on a mac. It is easy to adapt to, and has some very nice features...

If you buy it from apple's official website (www.apple.com), you can get student discount of $200 less than regular price.

Hope this helps... :cool:

What os? Well the most things i use are. Internet explorrer, microsoft word, aim, msn messenger... thats the things i need the most. can the pro take care of those things??I have to look at the fact in a year, i need the best one... So the macbook might be old by then and pro might still be nice and getting updates...

what is os and osx?

Wiitime said:
What os? Well the most things i use are. Internet explorrer, microsoft word, aim, msn messenger... thats the things i need the most. can the pro take care of those things??I have to look at the fact in a year, i need the best one... So the macbook might be old by then and pro might still be nice and getting updates...

If you are not using firefox, I would suggest you start using that..
they stopped updating IE for the mac, I believe. Firefox works on mac too.
And yes, there's MS Office for mac, as well as aim and msn messenger.

Good to hear they can support the stuff i use... Are they fast?
Thanks for your help guys!

Back