Help me wiichat members! Advice needed!

woah woah woah.

Your going into college before you turn 16!? (13+2.7=15.7) Or are you talking about highschool? When I said college I meant a university.

LevesqueIsKing said:
woah woah woah.

Your going into college before you turn 16!? (13+2.7=15.7) Or are you talking about highschool? When I said college I meant a university.

Well, year 9 has just started for me, then I have year 10 then 11.

Thats when school ends.

After school I head to college for a few years, then to university for a few years.

My 2.7 is wrong, since I have only been back to school for 3 weeks, it feels like its been months >.>

I dont know how to explain this because I never knew that our school systems were so different. I'll just explain what I would do:

I am in grade 10 at high school. High school consists of grades 9-12, then I go to college. I would get a good laptop (probably a desktop, personally) towards the end of my 12th year of school, so that I have it going into college.

EDIT: Thanks, Byuakuya.

So, if I were in your predicament, I would buy a decent comp now that'll just hold me over until your later years of College. Then, you can buy a good comp. for university.

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
woah woah woah.

The US and the UK education system are slightly different. What you refer to as "High school" is the UK equivalent of "College". "College" in the US refers to "University" in the UK. It is kind of confusing, but that is life. :lol:

I think your best choice would be to get the Vista compter and use the extra money to get some other items you might want, you probably don't really need the Macbook

Byuakuya said:
The US and the UK education system are slightly different. What you refer to as "High school" is the UK equivalent of "College". "College" in the US refers to "University" in the UK. It is kind of confusing, but that is life. :lol:

Wait...

That is wrong?

Isnt it the same just slightly different yearing set out?

I mean our secondary school is what I would class as high school. I would class our primary as there elementary. Then our college the same?

Well I am currently giving a BIG red MEH to everything. My mom has told me I have to many gaming systems (I currently only own a wii and a PS2) so buying a 360 is apparently crossing the line. I am think that if I want future gaming systems I will have to diss own my current...

Looks like vista laptop and hella loads of wii games for me -sighs-

Any suggestions for anything over then wii games that I should buy?

Lmao, without knowing what you are into its hard to tell you what to buy :lol:

A wrestling ring?

Cpt.McCloud said:
Wait...

That is wrong?

Isnt it the same just slightly different yearing set out?

I mean our secondary school is what I would class as high school. I would class our primary as there elementary. Then our college the same?
No, their High School is definitely our College. I mean, look at Claire Bennet for example: she is supposed to be 16/17 in the series and she is in High School, meaning College in the UK.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Lmao, without knowing what you are into its hard to tell you what to buy :lol:

A wrestling ring?

xD

Yeah I will spend my 350+ on renting out a wrestling ring for a night!

:lol:

I am thinking what kind of things are worth getting, terms of gaming and computing etc.

isnt claire in final year of high school tho?

I think you should get rid of your PS2 and games, you've probably beat most of them and Xbox 360 games are so much better and funner, but that's just my thought

Lol had to bring up Heroes huh Byuakuya

So...

US HighSchool = UK College
US College = UK University

What about grade school?

EDIT: I agree with MM. You could sell your PS2 on Ebay and get over $100 for everything, assuming you have a few games and controllers.

Cpt.McCloud said:
isnt claire in final year of high school tho?
Whatever the year of study, just add 4 to it to get the age. Example: you are now in year 9, so 9 + 4 gives me your age, which is 13.
The same applies to Claire. College is usually 2 years only, so if you think of it as year 13 (final year): 13 + 4 = 17, which is around Claire's age.

Byuakuya said:
Whatever the year of study, just add 4 to it to get the age. Example: you are now in year 9, so 9 + 4 gives me your age, which is 13.
The same applies to Claire. College is usually 2 years only, so if you think of it as year 13 (final year): 13 + 4 = 17, which is around Claire's age.

Their secondary education is high school. Ours is 'secondary school'. Both of them lead to a college.

It is just the aging which is slightly off corallated between the countries.

^Is that equation only for the UK?

I am in grade 10 and am 16 :scared:

EDIT: Actually, Cpt. most american education has a Middle School, Junior High which fits inbetween Grade School and High School. It is usually for grades 6-8 or 7-8 I think...

Back