Imac Notebook

LOL, you got a lot to learn.

What exactly are you going to college for? If you're worried about finances at all, just look for a solid Windows XP Pro lappy.... You only need a mac for the arts.

Brawny said:
LOL, you got a lot to learn.

What exactly are you going to college for? If you're worried about finances at all, just look for a solid Windows XP Pro lappy.... You only need a mac for the arts.

leaning towards child education...... i know, i need to learn alot....not really worried about the finances, most concerned with the best choice... i heard today some college suggest a mac laptop... im trying to figure it all out. my dad has a dell laptop which i would get next year and he would get a new one. its nice.. but my cousin who is in college says its a nice laptop and a differnt cousin who is an adult, doesnt have one but says they are very nice and would be great in college.. im turning 18, so i might be able to get it as a gift if all cousins chip in, if they wanted too.i dont see them each spending 1000. My cousin said his wife knows somone for apple so maybe there is a deal or something. But if i can even get it for a good deal, i might get it.....

why? is it harder? please explain so i can get an idea if i wouldnt like that....

another thing is, in 1 year.. if i look at the macbook, then it will be a year older and might be slowly leaving apples mind and no more updates would appear. The pro would still be "new" and updates would be coming out. So its almost like the pro would be the best choice since its kinda new......

I wouldn't get a year old computer for college, I would get a new Dell. The reason Macs are harder for me is because I have only used one once. It would take me a while to get used to the mac interface, and how to operate it as well as I do a PC.

i wouldn't spend extra money for the power you don't need...
a macbook is sufficient for what you do, imo

lol.... the macbook seems it would be enough, but when i see it in a year. it seems like it would be out of date.. anyone here in college who has a macbook or pro? is it a good college laptop?

I could wait until next year, but who knows what will be out and what the prices will be lol.

I would only buy a laptop right before you have to go to college, that way it is new, running great, and still has the warranty. The Macbook should be more advanced by then.

well i wanted a used car. But thats a lot of money and i would only have it for 1 year assuming i go away to college my first year.. so my cousin said what about a laptop and i liked that idea.. But it is 1 year away, and who knows what condition it would be like. But i have had this current dell for about a little more then 4 years and its not in that bad condition. so its not like i would destroy it.....

Why not just splash out and get a Mac Book Pro and install a both Microsoft OS and Apple Software using something like Parallel. By having both OS's you can use both Mac and Windows software.

I don't know much more but yeh

cookiemonsta11111 said:
Why not just splash out and get a Mac Book Pro and install a both Microsoft OS and Apple Software using something like Parallel. By having both OS's you can use both Mac and Windows software.

Thats a great idea

Back