Insomniacs assemble!!

[video=youtube;WYCSzu-FmPw]http://youtu.be/WYCSzu-FmPw[/video]
I am glad to see some Japanese developers trying to make their game relatable to the western world and going to such lengths to do so. I hope this happens more often as I feel Japan has lost view on what the western market wants (besides FPS and such).

...sarcasm? Kojima's been needlessly dragging out the series for a while now, and made several missteps with the last few games. There's only so much that retcons can mask. Ground Zeroes is a joke in itself. I've no idea what they were thinking with Revengeance.

Unless by western market pandering, you mean Assassin's Creed-ing it up like Ubisoft, along with the typical problems of the western gaming market. In which case, I completely agree.

I've no idea what they were thinking with Revengeance.

From what I've heard, the games' only nasty flaw is the length. Reviewed well in spite'a that too. Givin' an IP to Platinum Games is rarely, or perhaps never, a bad idea.

Assassin's Creed-ing it up like Ubisoft

... Yearly releases and really glitchy multiplayer?

tumblr_m5dnvzzs0z1rtcfaqo1_500.gif

[/actual video of me trying to argue with "social justice warriors" on tumblr]

...sarcasm? Kojima's been needlessly dragging out the series for a while now, and made several missteps with the last few games. There's only so much that retcons can mask. Ground Zeroes is a joke in itself. I've no idea what they were thinking with Revengeance.
I really don't care about the small spin offs (or big spin offs if that is the case). What really excites me is that Japan is developing a high end game. Also I like the idea they present in the game even though they will be leaving behind some of the quirks I love in an MGS game.

Unless by western market pandering, you mean Assassin's Creed-ing it up like Ubisoft, along with the typical problems of the western gaming market. In which case, I completely agree.
Assassin's Creed games, although very much overdone, are usually good games and is a good introduction video game for new gamers. But yeah, basically what you are saying. Though I don't play too many high end games in general.

Both eastern and western developers have their problems and same goes for their markets. I am just glad to see some Japanese developers trying to solve some of their problem which means of course venturing into new markets. At first such actions are experimental and has its own problems but to see it start is a good sign.

Only AAA title I'm looking forward to is Dark Souls 2, and that one is western action-rpg made by japanese devs.

[/actual video of me trying to argue with "social justice warriors" on tumblr]

Eventually, you shall be overwhelmed and become one of them. You actually tried arguing against them? I'm surprised you're still alive. Usually, one gets bombarded with propaganda of a united front against the users that disagree with them. Well, enjoy the rest of your short life.

From what I've heard, the games' only nasty flaw is the length. Reviewed well in spite'a that too. Givin' an IP to Platinum Games is rarely, or perhaps never, a bad idea.

Yes, let's give our planned stealth game that's part of a huge stealth series to a company known for ridiculous action.

Splash_King said:
... Yearly releases and really glitchy multiplayer?
Think AC to AC2. The problems created in narrative and loss of series identity associated with moving an assassination premise into a bunch of action.

Eventually, you shall be overwhelmed and become one of them. You actually tried arguing against them? I'm surprised you're still alive. Usually, one gets bombarded with propaganda of a united front against the users that disagree with them. Well, enjoy the rest of your short life.
It was on anon, otherwise I might not have been so lucky. I was actually being really polite, but they misinterpreted everything I said so I just ragequit.

trying to argue with "social justice warriors" on tumblr

Why in the 'Karp did you think that wouldn't be a complete waste of time and/or enjoyable?

I was actually being really polite, but they misinterpreted everything I said so I just ragequit.

Ya expected otherwise? If these "social justice warriors" are anythin' like other morality-based communities on the internets, they're mostly just keyboard warriors lookin' to blab 'bout their morals solely to those who think alike. Don't care 'bout anyone else's agenda, nor whether or not their own is justified (hence why they refuse to debate like properly civilized intellectuals). They merely want to feel like they're a part of somethin', are makin' a difference, etc... or they're just lonely, but ain't quite as lowly as attention-whore trolls.

Yes, let's give our planned stealth game that's part of a huge stealth series to a company known for ridiculous action.

Ain't nothin' wrong with a spin-off or two, so long as they're good.

game freak gimme news of pokeman fightin game plz

Think AC to AC2. The problems created in narrative and loss of series identity associated with moving an assassination premise into a bunch of action.

o i c

But I reckon that won't apply to the MGS series as a whole, since Revengeance is just a spin-off. Borrowed characters 'n settings for a game that is completely different. AC:II was a proper next installment that forever-changed (for the worse) many things, includin' the development team. Obviously no one would be happy if the future of MGS went the way of AssCreed, Kojima too I reckon. Platinum Games won't be absorbed into MGS' development team(s?), stealth ain't gonna be replaced by action movie-action, etc.

Probably.

Well, they were the ones who made it an argument, initially I was just politely asking them to tag their cisphobic bullshit. Then I got mad.

democracy is stupid and defeats the point of the game
I'll admit that its existence is nice, if only for certain points that would be near impawsible without it. The anarchy vs democracy arguments are fun too.

Back