Is my Fighting Style Broken? (Help Please!)

PokgaiJai

Running in The 90's
Jan 10, 2008
Wii Online Code
6251-4082-6209-0546
My friends can all beat level 9's pretty easily without much struggle. I can beat my friends 60% of the time, though most of the time it gets pretty close. However the issue is that I have problems keeping par with level 9.

I'm really confused why I'm having problems with them. I think it might be my fighting style. The story with me is that I never had a gamecube so, I learned how to fight in melee purely with friends. I think that might have something to do with it, since the computer fights quite differently from humans.

What are your thoughts?

TortillaChip520 said:
yeah, they utilize the shield and dodge much more often.

True. The computer is not a human and is subject to using whatever it's artificial brain tells it to do. A level nine computer will be inclined to use dodge and shield a lot more than a human, by nature. So the nature of a level 9 computer's style of gameplay may not be compatible with yours and thus your "weakness". So it has to do with the nature of your style, maybe the way you play can't compete with all that shielding and dodging, as well as other non-human factors, most of which a human player will not do or do to such a degree--by nature. I know that my style of playing only allows me to fight 3 lvl 4 or 5s at once MAX (team battle, 3v1) and others have a style of playing that barely gets them killed and sends multiple opponents flying off the stage. Actually that describes me, but w/e lol. I think you get the point lol :yikes:

in a 4 player free for all, the real secret is patience. you must use the dodge and shield frequently, and stay out of ppl's way. if you just go in the middle of the fight, guns ablazin' you are bound to be smashed.

Yeah, computers do seem to dodge a lot more. Plus I think they attack a lot faster.

I guess I just need to practice more and adjust my style.

When they get knocked off, they have a different way of getting back to the stage. Usually computers will save their jumps, use the minimum to get to the edge of the stage. In other words they stay down from the stage then jump up and grab the edge. Humans are less patient, usually and use all of their jumps to get back on top of the stage right away. If you use a lot of arial attacks you'll see a difference of where you hit computers and where you hit humans, which is why fighting computers isn't always the best way to practice.

^ good point. plus computers will always react the same way every time you do something to them. like every time they get knocked off they'll recover in the same way. way too predictable to practice on. training mode is ten times better

Back