Is the Wii U the next dreamcast?

Another doubter? You too, shall fall be humbled by the power of the WiiU (given time after release).

dat kingdom key

The only reason I see how the WiiU is "dreamcasting" itself, is that all the people who bought the Wii recently aren't going to want it. The most casual of gamers (families, seniors, etc.) won't jump on the band wagon as easily either I'd say, since the WiiU won't be as simple and casual. I certainly don't think Nintendo is gonna suffer loses and not get immense profit, but will it be a great a seller as the WiiU? Nope.

A premature release in terms of development of said console? Not really. Premature in that the Wii is still an incredible commercial success raking in profits as I type? Perhaps.

Applying "was" great to a "will be" console brings your judgement into question unless properly backed up.

The Dreamcast is still great, by even all of today's standards.

Possibly because I belong to a dieing breed of gamers who remember that story, music, and obviously game play are more important than graphics, multiplayer, and a console's capabilities.

Would you rather play MW3, or Jet Set Radio?

So, your whining was 'bout grammar and the usage of past tence, and not an opinion that the Dreamcast is no longer awesome... ?

derp

I do not whine. I hilighted the fact that it was great but we've moved on to the WiiU. They are similar, but not the same.

The Wii is out dated. (and was when it came out)

Your point?

You would have to be utterly foolish to think the Wii was dead when it released. Same with those who think the Dreamcast is still active.

Back