Is there going to be a new Nintendo console?

pro gamer said:
The Wii came on 2007.
That was definitly even more stupid then the initial question.

Wii came out in 2006, buddy.

Last edited:
nic7 said:
Oh, and they're selling the Metroid, Zelda, and Mario franchises to the makers of the Vii.
Your not serious are you?

I would like to see some proof.

If they are, then ... wait, no, they wouldn't. Would they? No, that would just be stupid. I doubt Nintendo is that dumb.

i herd they were goin to make a high def wii soon. I might be wrong. I just herd it from somewhere

i think nintendo will eventually make a new system but not anytime soon.

Pikachu256 said:
No The Wii is doing fine....No reason to build another console =]
I think we won't have another Nintendo Console to about 2012 =]
LOL

Like the Wii will last for that long. PS3 and 360 are built to last that long...not Wii.

I would expect a 2010/2011 release of Nintendo's next console.

I see the Wii lasting till 2011..even the Gamecube lasted for 5 years.
360 may last till 2010 though, since it came out in 2005, or it could wait to launch with Sony and Nintendo's new device to cause insane craziness :lol:

CantGetAWii said:
I see the Wii lasting till 2011..even the Gamecube lasted for 5 years...
The point is...it shouldn't have. :) It was long dead before it's 5th year (IMO).

As for the 360, Gates already said he was planning on getting his "360 2" in 2011 or 2012 (can't remember which one). That's some damn long term right there, and I can believe it. PS3 is going to last a LONG time. That sucker is just getting warmed up for the triathlon.

Haha, I'm beginning to question my Nintendo fanboyism.

ssbb_lover said:
The point is...it shouldn't have. :) It was long dead before it's 5th year (IMO).

As for the 360, Gates already said he was planning on getting his "360 2" in 2011 or 2012 (can't remember which one). That's some damn long term right there, and I can believe it. PS3 is going to last a LONG time. That sucker is just getting warmed up for the triathlon.

Haha, I'm beginning to question my Nintendo fanboyism.

No, No I agree.
I found my game playing very limited after year 2.

Should be an insane couple o' years though.

Kai said:
im sure there will be a new nintendo system, but not for a while.

Gee Wizz?
Really what makes you think that?

Just playing, but yes a new console will come in 4 or 5 years like previously mentioned.

True. I'm really excited to hear the next statement from Nintendo giving us a taste of what they'll try to do in the future...though Nintendo is infamous for not always keeping their word. X:

for the another new generation, they need to come up with another new gaming idea.
I agree that HD is not an important factor in gaming. Really, are you playing the HD video or the game? Like that guy said, Wii is selling like crazy, and not much people are complaining about the non HD, or just 480p. I myself don't want Wii to cost more just for 720 or 1080 HD screen.
Wii's selling point is not HD screen, is the revolutionary way of game playing.

LiquidD said:
Nintendo's probably already working on the next system already. Remember, they started working on the Wii as soon as the Gamecube was released.

Actually, I think they started making Wii after '64. They just sent out the Gamecube to keep up with the other companies with PS2 and Xbox.

Back