Is this a good laptop to buy

Well dell's are usually pretty cheap, so the best thing to do is try and match that HP laptop to a dell and see what you get.

i've done that and the Dell turns out more expensive, so the HP looks like a bargin. but try looking around a bit more and you might get a better deal.

looks good to me.....except for the falling stock prices on amd......kind of weird that amd owns ati yet people are still packing nvidia chipsets with them.

it'd play video games decently with 2 gigs of ram. just wipe whatever they ship it with and install xp over it. make sure you download the network drivers for it beforehand onto a usb stick.

I would buy it in a store
How much is a SD card the on in my Wii isnt even an SD card its to small to be an SD card but the Wii reconizes as it

It's a pretty good one for the price range, but I strongly urge you and anyone with a computer to upgrade from windows to Linux:yesnod:
hoogasian5 said:
How much is an SD card?
about 20 bucks for a 2 GB

ROB64 said:
It's a pretty good one for the price range, but I strongly urge you and anyone with a computer to upgrade from windows to Linux:yesnod:
Is that with Mac

about what $36

ROB64 said:
I strongly urge you and anyone with a computer to upgrade from windows to Linux

Linux is a quality OS, BUT people shouldn't just go installing linux here there and everywhere, you need to have some sort of knowledge basis to get you going, and even then there is a lot of learning involved before you can use it effectively

hoogasian5 said:
Is that with Mac

No, Mac OS X is made by Apple. Linux is free and made by some Fin.
Linux is great but i don't suggest you use it. as it's not exactly got the smallest learning curve when it comes to OS's

Last edited:
hoogasian5 said:
Is that with Mac
No. It is it's own operating system
There are many distros of Linux, the most popular being Ubuntu
It is mostly used by computer savvy people (aka nerds), but its user friendly-ness is amazing
I use it on my comp along with Vista

*slaps forehead* not the linux pitch again, this is what i deal with at work

even the damned creator admitted that linux was going nowhere until it looked more like windows. its too ****ing hard to use. and don't give me the pitch, because i use it when i have to in research (it's my job), but even when i've learned most of it i still tell people to go with windows xp.

linux without a gui has its place in the server client world, it has it's place in the young-and-broke developers world. its not a mainstream operating system you want your parents or friends using that think 'IT for a business' is just a ****ing light switch......sorry i blew up there

Dingaling said:
*slaps forehead* not the linux pitch again, this is what i deal with at work

even the damned creator admitted that linux was going nowhere until it looked more like windows. its too ****ing hard to use. and don't give me the pitch, because i use it when i have to in research (it's my job), but even when i've learned most of it i still tell people to go with windows xp.

linux without a gui has its place in the server client world, it has it's place in the young-and-broke developers world. its not a mainstream operating system you want your parents or friends using that think 'IT for a business' is just a ****ing light switch......sorry i blew up there

lets be honest, this guy has a point, windows XP has the piss easiest GUI to understand, and vista's GUI isn't to hard to get to grips with if you completely forget XP ever happened.

Get a Dell Latitude. Any model. You won't regret it.

Even a Dell Inspiron is better than most anything else out there. But Latitude > Inspiron.

And with laptops: no matter what one you get, get at least a 3 year warranty. Preferably a 4 year warranty. Laptops are almost entirely proprietary parts, are harder to service, and are more-prone to failure since they're lugged around everywhere.

Back