Japanese console can language be changed to english?

farenheit-2000

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2007
Hi please help if you can.

I bought a Wii from a Chinese dealer who stated that it was in English, you can probably guess the next bit, its not all of the menus are in Japanese or Chinese. Surprise Surprise when I tried to contact the dealer I got no reply at all.
I have contacted Nintendo support who said there's no way to change the language to English.

However what I'm trying to find out is, if anyone knows of a way of updating the firmware to give English menus or is it possible to change the Japanese motherboard for a PAL European motherboard, which I could then set the language to English on?

Anyone with any sensible suggestions please?

By the way I have since found out that the Wii is chipped if that helps.
Also this raises a second question, is there any software which I can run on the Wii to find out which chip has been installed?:crazy:

I don't think there is currently a way to change the language that appears on the main menu. I may be wrong, but thats what I think.

farenheit-2000 said:

I bought a Wii from a Chinese dealer who stated that it was in English, you can probably guess the next bit, its not all of the menus are in Japanese or Chinese. Surprise Surprise when I tried to contact the dealer I got no reply at all.

Hahahaha What a loser, thats what you get for messing with us, chinese people.

and Maybe a Mod Chip might help? LMAO, China is like the Number 1 Bootleggers, everyone in China has mod chips lmao, probably in japan too.

I suggest Wiikey? Wiinja? Try those.

farenheit-2000 said:

I have contacted Nintendo support who said there's no way to change the language to English.

However what I'm trying to find out is, if anyone knows of a way of updating the firmware to give English menus or is it possible to change the Japanese motherboard for a PAL European motherboard, which I could then set the language to English on?

Anyone with any sensible suggestions please?

By the way I have since found out that the Wii is chipped if that helps.
Also this raises a second question, is there any software which I can run on the Wii to find out which chip has been installed?:crazy:

DOMO ARIGATO MR. SCAMMED ALOTTO

Back