joining a martial arts studio.

Darkprinny said:
Tell us some of the stlyes that are in your local area (wing chuns quite good)
Will it be your first time studying ?

Your best of askin to sit in on a few diffrent classis to see if you might like it
Also ask a few of the sutdents if tthey like it and how long they have been studying (if you see a load of Black blets/dans its usealy not a good sign if they have not been there long)(most have things called Katas that are done on your own)

But M/arts will give you more confidance in your self.(and it will give you a bit of a edge in a real fight)

yea that was my plan, I already have appointments to see a few next week. hopefully all goes well...

speaking of martial arts and fighting.. I just saw a video on youtube.. omg..
its called someting like :Kung-fu Vs. Ganster:. Funniest thing I have seen in a while. He sat that dude down. lol well thanks again guys. =)

see im not much of a ninja, im more of a im going to deck you! kinda girl. i punch like no ones business lol. for a tiny girl, i can hurt.

my bf is 3x my size (hes about 220 and 5'9) and i can take him down. and trust me, hes NOT going easy on me. ive got brusies all over because we beat eachother up lmfao. its awesome! <333

Projection said:
I did Shotokan Karate for about 5 years and recently I've taken up Kickboxing which I'm enjoying so much.
kikboxin is great, i done some but i was beating my brother up too much

Honestly, the best martial art you could be taking is Ninjitsu. It is harder to find, but it changes not only your life, but you can pretty much stop any other type of martial from it. You dont need to be strong either because with skill anyone can become deadly. They also train with weapons.

When I took ninjitsu I chose to become skilled with the han-bo. Without a weapon I could counter anything and keep my distance. If you fall from a great hight, it can train your body to alter the impact so that you take little damage and are up in a second.

I remember when these two guys thought it would be funny to do a prank on me by pushing me backwards when someone was crowching behind me, on instinct i turned it into a fluid roll so that it didnt even look like I fell down. Everyone watching was amazed.

Read up on it, this wiki isnt far off. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjitsu

I do Shotkun Karate Do. Im well known at my dojo. Im only 2 belts away from getting my black! Ive been doing it for 8 years, it takes auround 10 to get you black belt in shotokun.

@what was said by you and byakuyakuya(?) It is rather tough but well worth the efoort. 8 years in and i have the confedence to know that if im getting mugged i can be out of it without a sratch. Lol i wouldnt recommend moves like theese but i know aboot 5 moves that will let me kill or at least K.O someone with my right hand.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Honestly, the best martial art you could be taking is Ninjitsu. It is harder to find, but it changes not only your life, but you can pretty much stop any other type of martial from it. You dont need to be strong either because with skill anyone can become deadly. They also train with weapons.

When I took ninjitsu I chose to become skilled with the han-bo. Without a weapon I could counter anything and keep my distance. If you fall from a great hight, it can train your body to alter the impact so that you take little damage and are up in a second.

I remember when these two guys thought it would be funny to do a prank on me by pushing me backwards when someone was crowching behind me, on instinct i turned it into a fluid roll so that it didnt even look like I fell down. Everyone watching was amazed.

Read up on it, this wiki isnt far off. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjitsu

In before samurais
Meh we have cooler animes/films

Darkprinny said:
In before samurais
Meh we have cooler animes/films

LOL you could have just said Kendo. But I hope you are not implying that Ninjitsu is not a legit martial art that is still practiced today in many countries. The ninjitsu is NOT what the media portay as ninja's. Ninja's were originally freedom fighters of the small clans found within the mountains of japan. It was survival based martial arts which was supposedly considered mysterious by superstitious japanese. Thus the ninja as a magical fighter seemed to be born within popular culture.

The mountain clans were smart. They would drain small eggs so that thye were hollow, fill the insides with spices like pepper and or druggy types that would cause hallucinations, then with rice (which can easily become a glue paste) cover the opening in the egg. Wala, they have bombs that they could use in combat.

The shuriken/ninja star? it was made to distract an oppenent in combat not really hurt them (thrown), or placed within the palm of a hand to make a fist weapon that would hurt the oppenent by grabbing them with one hand and with the other (shuriken in hand) flicking/smashing the fist with the ninja star along vital points causing damage.

anyways im getting carried away...

well I have made my decision.
I called a few places around me about 10 min driving time and they got back to me. I talked to the dude and met up with him at the place. Its a nice little gym/studio. They teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu,MMA. They even have their own mini octagon. I start class on tuesday first with kickboxing then Freestyle/mma after. Its gonna be a fun day!

Just for fun googles "anime ninja"
7.gif

Not suprise there
Then "anime samurai"
samuraix-tall-promo.jpg

Hell yeah Kenshin
Wonder who looks cooler

I know I could of said kendo but I have not suided kendo my swords manship was part of my aikkido training (also the ways how to treat the blade (ie cleaning, handing the blade to some one)

Darkprinny said:
Just for fun googles "anime ninja"
7.gif

Not suprise there
Then "anime samurai"
samuraix-tall-promo.jpg

Hell yeah Kenshin
Wonder who looks cooler

I know I could of said kendo but I have not suided kendo my swords manship was part of my aikkido training (also the ways how to treat the blade (ie cleaning, handing the blade to some one)

hehe if we are gonna get into the real ninja anime, not kiddy naruto (which i do appreciate) then we should show a picture of the classic NINJA SCROLL.... er and akira. Lets not forget the REAL good anime's in history, not the cheap BS thats being pumped out today
ninjascrollln6.jpg

One of the best damn anime's ever created... well second to Monoke Hime which I must say was pretty #$%!ing good. (not that its bad, but it doesnt come close to the anime of the past.)
damn now i have to find my ninja scroll dvd and rewatch it.

Last edited:
He was a samurai (the sword and clothes are a give away)
Jubei was based on a real samurai Jubei Kibagami is a homage to the famed Japanese samurai folk hero Yagyu Jubei.

It was a oversight by the creatator to call him a ninja (Samurais, ninjas and assassins are often mixed up by people that dont know what there talking about)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yagyu_Jubei

Compaires Ninjas to Smaurai Jack

Be warned wii are going very off topic
Curse my ramblein

Back on topic

Huuuuuuuuuuuuryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

yes it is based off the swordman hero, however, theres a large misconception which misinterprets a ninja as one who either has no honor or dresses in a black jumpsuit. The character Jubei in the ninja scrolls could have very well been a ninja. Ask yourself this, does he fight without the sword at one point?

The truth is, wikipedia is not a valid source of information. It is user generated, and we must keep that in mind. The fact, is that jubei in the series and film is a masterless ninja who is profitiant in the sword. Feel free to look up the details on "ninja scroll".

Shiftfallout said:
yes it is based off the swordman hero, however, theres a large misconception which misinterprets a ninja as one who either has no honor or dresses in a black jumpsuit. The character Jubei in the ninja scrolls could have very well been a ninja. Ask yourself this, does he fight without the sword at one point?

The truth is, wikipedia is not a valid source of information. It is user generated, and we must keep that in mind. The fact, is that jubei in the series and film is a masterless ninja who is profitiant in the sword. Feel free to look up the details on "ninja scroll".
Ronin - Wandering swords man
Samurais also know hand to hand as well see the lone wolf and cub/baby cart films for a true samurai
I have Ninja scroll (what anime fan dont)

Back