Lets not be fanboys and pick the top 5 games of this generation....

Fire Flower said:
^ Nice_wii, I think there's a difference between people who can spell, and people who are to lazy to type. Now let's stay on topic. I would have put GoW higher on my list, IF they didn't have that host bonus online. I hate that.
there is no real "host bonus" its just a host advantage. the host gets no lag so whatever they see on their screen is what is really happening. host advantage is in any game where someone hosts a match but depending on the programming side and the style of play, its less or more noticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efpMAcAtXYA

I think it boost defense too. Look at this Active reload shotgun to the head and he doesn't die.

NO. its all just connection issues. it just appears like he shot him in the head but on the hosts screen the host was maybe a foot to the right therefore he wasnt shot in the head. no game creator purposely gives host a boost. Epic actually tried to give the host a disadvantage by making more blood splatter on their screen but it still didnt make up for the host advantage.
host advantage works like so:
the host hosts a game
everyone connects to the host, including the host himself
since the host is connecting to himself, there is NO delay, no need for info to run through wires or what not.
since everyone else is connecting to the host, their actions need to be ran through wires to the hosts connection.
depending on host shitty the hosts connection is, he'll have more or less of a host advantage. (a way to prove there is no purposeful host advantage is to play a system link, everyone will be lag free since everyone is connecting to each other and whos the host doesnt make those fractions of a second difference).

LoZ:TP... I guess thats the ztwp thing

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy (Which I still need to buy)
Grand Theft Auto III
Halo

i think "generation" has different meanings for people.
if you're meaining the 360,ps3.wii generation, then this is a stupid thread. were only just into it. pointless.
a more reasonable question is best games of LAST generation (ps2, gc, xbox).

Back