Major League Baseball

blueovalboy7 said:
I think we need to accept that HGH and Steroids have been used by today's superstars and that in reality they're only hurting themselves. I don't like the idea of letting them keep records set while on performance enhancers, but what else can we do. I believe McNamee, but I think he should go to jail as well as Clemens. Clemens is obviously lying, McNamee is just dirty and was essentially a drug dealer to superstar players, I still think Clemens had/has pure talent and didn't need the drugs, but nonetheless I believe he used them.

i agree with u 100%...other then the fact of not all major league players used hgh or steriods. There are still alot of great players that have never used, so i dont think we can totally look down on MLB players. But yes Clemens was totally lying yesterday and deserves to go to jail. But i dont think McNamee will. Cuz u know the system if u give bargining chips either u will get a slap on the wrist or get away free. There is still a chance he might do some time but i doubt he will. And there is no doubt as much as i hate him for the stunt he pulled with Piazza, Clemens had raw talent. Its a shame that he ruined his name.

Well I'm not saying we should look down on all the players, I'm just saying we need to accept the fact that the usage of performance enhancing drugs has been in practice for quite a few years now, and there isn't a whole lot we can do about it. Baseball has it's eras and this era will be known as the steroid era, it's just too hard to know who hasn't and who has used.

John Rocker is a confirmed idiot, so his comments should be taken with a grain of salt. I believe him, I just think he's an idiot, and shouldn't butt into this matter.

I'm looking forward to the season, with the Angels making a few nice signings (Jon Garland and Torii Hunter). I think Hunter will finally give Vlad the protection he needs to hit right around .375 this year as long as he stays healthy. We only lost Orlando Cabrera, who wasn't especially amazing anyway...My main concern is whether or not our veteran outfielders can make it a full season.

great moment right here

large_AJOHAN.jpg

this year is our year for sure with this dude, and if reyes can get back in his zone again

duke_fan13 said:
I'm looking forward to the season, with the Angels making a few nice signings (Jon Garland and Torii Hunter). I think Hunter will finally give Vlad the protection he needs to hit right around .375 this year as long as he stays healthy. We only lost Orlando Cabrera, who wasn't especially amazing anyway...My main concern is whether or not our veteran outfielders can make it a full season.
Cabrera was better than you're giving him credit for, but it was not great loss. I do not think Vlad will ever hit .375, maybe .350 at the most, he strikes out too much, but when it makes contact he demolishes the ball. As for your longevity concerns I think they should be able to do alright, Hunter and Vlad will be a problem for opposing pitchers as well as hitters.

If you're an Angels fan & you hear Vlad isn't happy with being a DH, do you let him play right?? Honestly I can't really say anything because I'm not sure how his defense is these days (all I know is he has a cannon for an arm), living on the east & being an NL team fan...

Jay588 said:
great moment right here

large_AJOHAN.jpg

this year is our year for sure with this dude, and if reyes can get back in his zone again

I was never as happier to be as sick as I was that day, getting to stay home & watch the press conference & all. If Reyes gets back up to speed & Wright continues to put up MVP numbers (well really, Wright, Reyes & Beltran can all put up MVP numbers) & let's not forget Beltran finally got some confidence in saying that the Mets are the team to beat, always nice for a premier bat like him to speak up.

F-Mart sounds confident as well & even said he thinks he'll be up in the bigs as early as this season & Billy Wagner taking Eddie Kunz under his wing, Willie saying that Pelfrey looks much more confident in spring training. Man I know we lost some great players in the Santana deal, but I can't wait to see Kunz & F-Mart come up & I think Pelfrey will have a great year too...

Last edited:
Back