Major League Baseball

Mets beat the O's 9-8.
Nick Evans hit a grand slam in the 8th to tie the game at 8. I'm still really high on this kid. He could be playing at 1st next year if Delgado doesn't come back.
Seems like D-Murph may supply a higher average, while Evans could have an edge in power. Though he didn't show a lot of it last season, he has a lot of natural power. That grand slam distance-wise was a no doubter, just a matter of will it stay fair.
Back to the game, Rene Rivera came up in the bottom of the 9th & hit a 1 out, solo shot to dead center.
The one thing I like to watch while the big names are in the WBC is we get the chance to see the younger players in Spring Training. I think Wilmer Flores will be real good as he gets older. Keep in mind he's only 17!!! Exclusively a shortstop, he may make the transition to 2nd for obvious reasons.

Speaking of which, Reyes has volunteered to move to a different position for the DR to get him & Hanley in the lineup at the same time. While it probably won't happen, can't say the man didn't offer...

Last edited:

Speaking of which, Reyes has volunteered to move to a different position for the DR to get him & Hanley in the lineup at the same time. While it probably won't happen, can't say the man didn't offer...

Mets said no, they dont want him playing another position. Plus he was supposed to be in the line up everyday but since Big Papi has been having elbow problems he is the DH instead of Reyes.

Also got my email today for Mets single game pre sale tickets. Bought 2 games, well they only offered me 2 games...it was weird, i got my code and went to the site, logged in and only Marlins and Nationals games were available for me. So i bought those 2, got them right behind Wright. Cant wait for the season to start.

Finally back, quite a bit has happened.
The last real big thing the Mets did was cut Duaner Sanchez. It's a shame things ended with him the way they did, he was among the elite relievers in the game before he got hurt in that taxi cab accident. Not only was it non sports related, it's also one of the toughest to come back from. Unfortunately, he hasn't shown any progress since he's been back, but maybe he can find success with a new team.
I'll keep the rest short.
Angel Pagan underwent surgery for I think it was a bone chip in his shoulder, out 6-8 weeks.
Mets have pretty much no interest in reacquiring Pedro Martinez.
Nick Evans is having an awesome spring training, but something tells me that he will start the year in Buffalo anyhow.

Mets also signed 10 players.

C Robinson Cancel: $408,000 (Could get 80-100 at bats this season)

1B/OF Nick Evans: $403,000 (Making more than Murphy likely because he has 25-30 home run power.)

2B/OF Dan Murphy: $401,000 (Will get close to 425 AB this season barring a disaster.)

SP Jon Niese: $400,000 (Should probably be the #5 starter.)
SP/RP Bobby Parnell: $400,000 (Most likely in Buffalo all year. Could be a September call-up.)

RP Rocky Cherry: $406,000 (Probably promised them ice cream whenever they want.)
RP Sean Green: $471,000 (Came in the J.J. Putz deal.)
RP Eddie Kunz: $400,000 (Will most likely close for Buffalo.)
RP Conner Robertson: $400,000 (For those that forgot, acquired in the deal that sent Schoeneweis to Arizone)
RP Brian Stokes: $409,500 (Will be a strong option out of the pen this year if he can build off his success from last year.)

A little puzzled as to why Darren O'Day wasn't signed. Definitely could have used an arm like his in the pen...

Last edited:
Lost the home opener ouch, Lowe pitched a gem. I'm hoping the Padres and Peavy can lay a beat down on the Dodgers today, so I can rub it in all my friends' faces.

Well ****, Padres lose their opener as well, Peavy just doesn't have it right now.

Redemption last night though, take the lead off former Padre Wolf, and having the bullpen hold it for 3 innings was nice. Heath Bell gets his 3rd career save and first of the year. We might be able to get a few wins this year after all. :D

Dayum this thread is dead!

Sorry about that Citi Field opener loss, but the Padres are actually hitting the ball and pitching fairly decent, with a record of 6-2 we get back at it with the Mets tonight. I know we won't keep it up, but I can hope.

Nice starts by some of my fav teams. KC 5-3, CINNCI 4-3
Sadly the GIANTS are 2-5.
Anyway Cinnci is my top team than KC

**** i forgot about this thing...well my bucs are struggling to get back to .500 and yet sadly are only 6 games out of the bullshit NL central. Despite trading away our entire outfield over the last month, I still remain optimistic that I'll get to see a winning season this year for the first time in my life.

today we gave up morgan and hinske for some outfielder from the nats and a few others.

I don't understand why we're trading for more outfield prospects.

On the bright side, Andrew McCutchen seems to be the real deal and a legitimate ROY candidate.

Damn it's been a long time since anyone has posted here, let alone me. Well the Padres are where everyone expected them to be. We have some good showings every now and again, but nothing consistent.

9-2 win for yankees tonight. Played pretty well.

Hopefully we'll get a result before extra today.

Back