Mario and Sonic At the Olympics Details

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Publisher SEGA has revealed new details regarding the characters, events and gameplay in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games will feature 20 events housed within stylized Olympic venues. Players will use both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to control one of the 16 characters - eight from each mascot's universe. Characters will be divided into four categories: All-around, Technical, Speed and Power.

The fill list of events includes:

* Fencing - Individual epee
* Archery
* Shooting - Skeet
* Gymnastics - Trampoline
* Gymnastics - Vault
* Field - High Jump
* Field - Pole Vault
* Field - Long Jump
* Field - Triple Jump
* Field - Javelin Throw
* Field - Hammer Throw
* Rowing - Single Sculls
* Table Tennis - Singles
* Aquatics - 100m Freestyle
* Aquatics - 4x100m Freestyle
* Track - 110m and 400m Hurdles
* Track - 4x100m Relay
* Track - 100m and 400m

According to SEGA, "The interactive Wii controls include actions like swinging the Wii Remote to simulate hammer throw, notching the Nunchuk to shoot arrows, and replicating swimming strokes. Players can also discover the best way to win a game by experimenting with different movements to discover secret boosts to propel them towards a win."

Up to four players will be able to partake in the Single Mission mode, in which they choose individual events and aim for the top score; or Circuit mode, in which players compete for the highest score in a custom-made, pre-determined or random series of events. Solo players will also have access to a Mission mode that offers more difficult challenges. Trivia, quizzes and mini-games will be provided as a way for gamers to unlock facts and figures about the Olympics.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is expected to be released on November 16 in Europe and November 20 in North America. Japanese gamers can expect a December launch. SEGA made no statements regarding connectivity between the Wii and DS versions, but readers should note that the two versions will release months apart.

Bah... I would've gotten this game if they included Boxing, Judo, Taekwondo or Wrestling. It's also disappointing to see that they left out the equestrian events, cycling, and everything resembling "interesting" sports.

cool have you seen the pics?
http://wii.qj.net/A-marathon-of-Mario-and-Sonic-at-the-Olympic-Games-screens/pg/49/aid/103298

mario___sonic_at_the_olympic_games-.jpg

mario___sonic_at_the_olympic_gam-1.jpg

Yeah thanks Wii-Fi.
Helps the thread a bit more.

Its a pretty decent line up, i remember when the game was 1st announced and most people here thought it would just be a running game.

I thought it would be more like a Hypersports line up and it is, so its definitely going on my Christmas list.

It sounds pretty cool, but I am still unsure about this game. I guess we can all make our final decisions when the game is released.
Anyway, thanks for the info.

Back