Mario Kart looking and sounding disapointing

FFS!

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
I know some of you are gonna come out and say "no way, you're crazy, game looks great" and defend the game and whatnot, but the fact is, like it or hate it, we have to face it, the game isnt looking good at all. The graphics are gamecube standard at best, theres only one racer per car (why they would resort back to this from double dash which was so successful i have no idea), bikes seem like a bit of a high point compared to cars however based on reviews their nothing to be amazed by and there's no online stats tracking or anything like that. They have added no new twists to races other than maybe 2 or 3 new items and "tricks" which are going to become a bit repetitive and useless during a race thus seeming useless. I know some of you would disagree with me but you can't deny the fact that this ones looking dull and not the game we've been waiting for.

i for one agree with u. however, i think that the graphics r betr than every1 is making them sound. but 1 thing u also cant deny is the gameplay is going 2 be awesum... i think that they should have an option for 2 or 1 people per car... but w/e...

pfft, i reckon double dash was the worst mario kart so far. im glad it's back to one character per kart.
graphics dont look ****. wait til u see the game and play it urself before u condemn it.

i disagree with the stuff you said in the latter part of your rant

for one, i am glad there's only one person per vehicle, yes it was a good change for double dash, but it's been done before, i personally like change, and am glad they brought it back down to solo driving.......that and they no longer have to come up with pairs (wasn't toadette made for this game)

bikes are better for certain stages, and again, it's a nice change to the series.....multi vehicles is a reason why diddy kong racing did so well.....however we have to keep in mind that this game belongs on the ground....so planes would be a bit over-doing things

there are online stats, although i don't know what you mean by tracking, the online aspect of this game looks great, care to elaborate what you mean?

tricks are necessary for getting power boost when you land, so i don't see them getting old, just like trying to hit the arrow things wouldn't get old

^ Agreed.

The fact that you try to appear to play devil's advocate when you then go and say things like:
"but the fact is, like it or hate it, we have to face it, the game isnt looking good at all." -That is your opinion and should in no way be confused with fact. not trying to be mean but you have to say at least the graphics are better than the 64/SNES renditions of the series.

"I know some of you would disagree with me but you can't deny the fact that this ones looking dull and not the game we've been waiting for." -There again, some of us may be happy with this direction that they went into, and once again these are your personal opinions being spouted here as facts.

Here's a radical new idea: Don't buy the game; since it doesn't appeal to you, and continue to play Double Dash on your wii or download one of the earlier entries in the series via VC, but above all don't try and mislead people into following your opinions by stating them as false facts.

Thanks. :yesnod:

well mushroom i don't rememer saying i was going to buy the game in my comment, was just alerting ppl to the quality of what we've seen so far......and as for the "facts" thing, i know you werent being mean or anything but it doesnt take an expert to see that the graphics look poor (we shouldnt be having to make comments like "at least its not as bad as 64 graphics". Comments like that make the graphics of a game sound worse. Anyway, i understand many ppl will be buying this and will prob enjoy it, but it really doesnt look all that good for the hype being built up about it.....

The game won't be the best game in the world but it'll be the best mario kart ever, and that's good enough for me.

the game will be great... i'm sure if you took still pics of the GameCube's verision in-action it would lose some luster. :yesnod:

you will be SO suprised and please... i know.

i hope i don't miss the 2 player per kart feature that MKDD offered... but i know if you've been a kart fan before... you still will be a big fan :yesnod:

Double dash was not successfull. well in sales it may hae been but it diided the mario kart fanbase in half, one half loved the dual racers i.e you.
the other half hated it (me).

i for one am super glad at solo racers again. dual racers felt gimmicky to me.

also there is onlye stats and stuff, time trials, ghosts leaderboards, and using weather channel you can locate players. and competitions.

so get some facts before you rant next time, and in you OP you were kind of sting that it was bad as if it were a fact that it was bad, well no thats opinion, almost me telling you, your wrong man, its excellent because its normal again so face it its excellent

Hello, Ive had wii since xmas, and i just found out about online, but i woud like to know, how u can chat online on wii, and is wii sports online??

You guys realize having two racers only replaced the "holding an item behind you while you pick up another" technique used in Mario Kart 64...right? I mean, that's the only difference between having one or two racers on the same cart.

What I'm saying is...either way it's the same thing.

And FFS, we don't need your "alerts" on the quality of the game's graphics. We can see that the game needs work. At the same time, everything seen so far is a ROUGH DEMO of the final product. I've said this in another thread, but Prime 3 looked pretty bland at first, and when the game was finally released it was, in my opinion, the best looking game on the Wii to date.

As far as the game not having twists, read IGN's article that just came out today. They said the game has tons of new stuff, but Reggie made them promise not to say anything.

The "tricks" give the player a speed boost so they're far from "useless" as you called them.

If graphics and lack of stat tracking prevent you from buying a game, that's fine...if you're completely illogical. I'm not the biggest Mario Kart fan in the world, but I am a big fan of making well-informed decisions.

CrowTRobot said:
You guys realize having two racers only replaced the "holding an item behind you while you pick up another" technique used in Mario Kart 64...right? I mean, that's the only difference between having one or two racers on the same cart.

What I'm saying is...either way it's the same thing.
ummm... it's not the same at all...
i'm not saying MKw will suck... i've had loads of fun with someone else driving while i can calculate the perfect throws and blocks... or vise versa...

it's a very different game that way :yesnod:

idjut said:
ummm... it's not the same at all...
i'm not saying MKw will suck... i've had loads of fun with someone else driving while i can calculate the perfect throws and blocks... or vise versa...

it's a very different game that way :yesnod:
You seriously did the thing where one player drives and the other throws items? Wow...that's boring.

Are you in charge of collecting star bits in Galaxy too?

CrowTRobot said:
You seriously did the thing where one player drives and the other throws items? Wow...that's boring.
sorry you always had a suckie team and experience :lol:

It is too bad there isn't a track creator like the level creator in SSBB so the online racing could stay fresh for longer and people could vote for the user made tracks they like best.

Back