Mario Kart looking and sounding disapointing

Dude what the hell you can't base something off looks, unless you have a real article that they PLAYED the game you can't say ANYTHING. I get really pissed when retards like you post this crap.

WolfpacSnakepit said:
pfft, i reckon double dash was the worst mario kart so far. im glad it's back to one character per kart.
graphics dont look ****. wait til u see the game and play it urself before u condemn it.

Same here.

The graphics are pretty inexcusable, but it's not such a big deal.

What was so great about the two character on a kart system anyways? It seemed like nothing more than a gimmick to me. Other than allowing double items it really was completely useless.

I agree with the people who are saying that MK: DD was a weak point for the series. I didn't like it as much. It's still fun, though.

Last edited:
It added for double items, but every driver had there special item. For example the Paratroopas had the 3 shells while everyone else only had a single shell to shoot. Baby Mario and Luigi had chomper that chased people down. So if you had paratroopa and baby mario you could have both the chomper or the 3 shells.

It was more of a new feature, maybe nothing special but it also doesn't do anything to hurt the game, so why does that make it bad? If having 2 people meant you had to slam breaks before switching drivers or something, then that would severely impact gameplay, therefore could be seen as something that makes MK DD suck, but thats not what happened. Having double drivers did not impact the gameplay, so im not sure how people think MK DD was the weakest.

I'm not saying that's why MK: DD disappointed me.

But still despite the items thing it was completely pointless and gimmicky really.

I would have to say based on having played all of the mario kart games (DS, 64, Double Dash) the 2 players per kart addition to double dash made it more interesting as you had two items to hold if needed, 2 chances of getting a special and it allowed for 2 players to team up in a kart. Whilst this may not appeal to everyone, there was no need to take it away, as they've added bikes now which are single player vehicles so they couldve either made karts still 2 ppl or an option to choose if u want 1 or 2 in your kart. Im sure if they added an option for 2 players per kart in online then the ppl here who said they prefer one per kart would choose the 2 players per kart option if their opponent was also choosing that option because they would prefer a chance of getting 2 items/special items.

I just strongly believe that we should play the game before judging it. So far it does seem like it sort of does look bad, but just wait until you play it.:yesnod:

Envy said:
What was so great about the two character on a kart system anyways? It seemed like nothing more than a gimmick to me. Other than allowing double items it really was completely useless.
You could have double items in 64 too by holding the item at the back of your kart.

The only reason to have it is for the small minority of people whose only job is to throw items.

totally disagree..........just read over the writeup in this months NP mag and I really think MK wii is going to rock.....

CrowTRobot said:
You seriously did the thing where one player drives and the other throws items? Wow...that's boring.

Are you in charge of collecting star bits in Galaxy too?

CrowTRobot said:
I'm guessing the real problem is you're a bad driver so your friends put you in charge of throwing items because they felt sorry for you.

:lol:

best posts ive read here in a minute!

Last edited:
for all the people hating on this game, the friggin game hasn't even been released yet.. so stop talking non-sense until you have put the game into your Wii, turned it on and experienced for yourself.

Wii-Fi said:
Also how do you know its not just the pictures? Some of the screens (the DK halfpipe) looked like they were taken by a camera phone.
EDIT i hope we won't be disappointed with the motion sensing, i'd rather not steer with a simple joystick.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant for the people who think the graphics suck to look at the pictures in my link and then reconsider.

Back