Mario Kart looking and sounding disapointing

Wiierd said:
I think you misunderstood me. I meant for the people who think the graphics suck to look at the pictures in my link and then reconsider.
well at first i did but then i clicked on the link and i understood what you were saying. i edited my response and yeah i meant to agree with you i think some the screens are better than others.

Has nobody played NFS Carbon or Excite Truck using tilting to steer? I love it and it works well. Theres a slight learning curve (like 30 min) to get used to it, but its so natural and accurate once you do get used to it. Its really enjoyable. I can't wait, it'll be a fun game regardless of what people say.

The graphics probably look like ass because they want the multiplayer online to keep at 480p 60fps. It's no Gran Turismo 5, but I have high hopes.

WolfpacSnakepit said:
pfft, i reckon double dash was the worst mario kart so far. im glad it's back to one character per kart.
graphics dont look ****. wait til u see the game and play it urself before u condemn it.

took the words out of my mouth:yesnod:

Skorp said:
Has nobody played NFS Carbon or Excite Truck using tilting to steer? I love it and it works well. Theres a slight learning curve (like 30 min) to get used to it, but its so natural and accurate once you do get used to it. Its really enjoyable. I can't wait, it'll be a fun game regardless of what people say.

Yes, I love racing games and Excite Truck nailed it with the controls. It was awkward at first but after 30 mins it felt great. The old controls are like trying to watch a black and white movie...it's so old it's like the atari joystick almost.

Well, after reading the latest article in Nintendo power and watching the hands on on Xplay, I just can't see where graphics are even an issue with this game, granted its not Burnout or Motorstorm but still they don't suck at all and if you think they do compare them to every MK before this one when you actually see the game.

As for the rest of it, they have made some innovations and introduced new things, the online is better than what we had in Mario Kart DS, which it should be as it is the next Gen title.

All in all I really can't see how you arrived at the conclusion you did, but it's your opinion and you are entitled, I just hope that when the time comes you at least rent it and see if what you thought is actually the way it is.

I will rent this game before I buy it, just in case. I've learned to rent before I buy from all these years of being a gamer.

I learned to rent before you buy with third party games you're unsure about. With something like Mario Kart I'm not worried about quality, it will be fun for sure.

hrmmm

FFS! said:
I know some of you are gonna come out and say "no way, you're crazy, game looks great" and defend the game and whatnot, but the fact is, like it or hate it, we have to face it, the game isnt looking good at all. The graphics are gamecube standard at best, theres only one racer per car (why they would resort back to this from double dash which was so successful i have no idea), bikes seem like a bit of a high point compared to cars however based on reviews their nothing to be amazed by and there's no online stats tracking or anything like that. They have added no new twists to races other than maybe 2 or 3 new items and "tricks" which are going to become a bit repetitive and useless during a race thus seeming useless. I know some of you would disagree with me but you can't deny the fact that this ones looking dull and not the game we've been waiting for.

Gee sounds like you have played the game and know what your talking about...........................................................................................................NAWT.

bubs said:
Gee sounds like you have played the game and know what your talking about...........................................................................................................NAWT.
You Must've seen the screenies so far and read the info on the game......."NAWT"

Listening to the Wiik-in review from IGN I have some concerns about quality of this even though it will be fun. Give it a listen for some other good news.

CrowTRobot said:
Seriously. It takes more work to sound like an idiot than it does to use proper grammar.

Uh...I mean...OMG U R A TROLL LOLOLOLOLOL.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

You guys (Sremick, Crowtrobot, and Silent Sniper) have to chill out. I was just saying that the graphics aren't as bad as everyone is making them sound and that there should be an option to ride alone or with a partner. If you guys like to speak with proper grammar all the time, I support that. I have just got into a habit of typing a certain way while talking to certain people who I thought could understand what I was saying when I talk in that certain way. OK? Are we cool?
:wink:

If you bought a Wii and found yourself disappointed with a game's graphics, you're probably an idiot. It doesn't even have HD, for christ's sakes.

I, for one, think the new Kart looks awesome, as all past ones have been, and online play should be amazing.

keenydajew said:
I have just got into a habit of typing a certain way while talking to certain people who I thought could understand what I was saying when I talk in that certain way.
If you save X amount of energy/time typing in "chatspeak", the reader has to spend 3X the amount of energy/time deciphering it. While plain English allows the eyes and mind to smoothly ride right over the words without potholes or speedbumps. Because of this, it's rude... and that's why people get offended.

It's people like you who have contributed to most kids not having a clue as to the difference between "your" and "you're", or there/their/they're, as evidenced by Wiichat posts.

Back