Mario Kart Wii release date: April 30?

gododgers

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
Central California
Was searching for SSBM on Amazon and ran across this interesting find. I don't know how accurate Amazon is at posting release dates, but this is interesting.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Mari..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199584665&sr=8-7

I was kinda expecting it to come out in March or early April, not at the end of April. Oh well. If this is old news, sorry, didnt see it anywhere else. If this is new news, it will be interesting to see your thoughts on it.

gododgers said:
Was searching for SSBM on Amazon and ran across this interesting find. I don't know how accurate Amazon is at posting release dates, but this is interesting.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Mari..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199584665&sr=8-7

I was kinda expecting it to come out in March or early April, not at the end of April. Oh well. If this is old news, sorry, didnt see it anywhere else. If this is new news, it will be interesting to see your thoughts on it.

Why would they release it in March when Brawl comes out in February?

I saw first quarter, and that typically means sometime between January and March. Unless the definition of "The First Quarter of 2008" has changed recently, this seems kinda odd.

hmm, thats interesting.

but im not going to trust a site like amazon.

i need IGN
!!

ya but dates are kinda all over the place...SSBB is early based on orignial release dates... maybe they are pulling teams together to get the bigger titles finnished early... but they wont release kart so close to SSBB they are two of the biggest sellers...

amazon pretty spot on when you look at there track record... they are a huge retailer biggest online store... they know before most do thats for sure... They probably already order a few thousand copies and wanted a release date with that order just for pre-sales...

ya ive heard quarter 2 not 1 so april 30th sounds pretty plausible to me, but i doubt its the confirmed release date.

samXcor3 said:
Why would they release it in March when Brawl comes out in February?
Why not? They have to spread out all their title-games.
I don't much trust Amazon because they're a retailer just like the rest, is there an actual Nintendo-sponsored site?

Last I heard it was late spring/early summer.
So thats sometime between April-June.

Plenty of games out before that though, and gives us something good to play over the summer.

Hmm wouldnt it have been smarter for them to sell mario kart before brawl comes out? I mean most people will be too obsessed playing brawl to even buy another online game.

Back