Mass Effect 2 to be exclusive for 'A short period of time'

zeon9881 said:
you do realise that that was awhile ago

and DEVs can always change their mind

frontlines went exclusive

DMC went multi

Darksector went from space to earth

call of duty series went modern (ok this isnt right cause they had different devs o and btw COD5 is going back to world war because the DEVS of 123 are making it....again)

COD1&2 were made by Infinity Ward(AKA the good developers). COD5 will be made by the shitty Treyarch dudes, and COD6 will be made by Infinity Ward.

There may have been some changes for other games, but Bioware isn't stupid. Neither is Epic.

No, Frontlines was canceled for the PS3 due to the fact they couldnt get the engine to work on the console, so it wasnt changing thier minds so much as dropping it due to time and budjet issues...

And there's a difference between changing your mind and breaking a business deal, more so when the people you have the deal with are the publishers...

Jay61 said:
No, Frontlines was canceled for the PS3 due to the fact they couldnt get the engine to work on the console, so it wasnt changing thier minds so much as dropping it due to time and budjet issues...

And there's a difference between changing your mind and breaking a business deal, more so when the people you have the deal with are the publishers...

isnt frontlines a bussiness deal?

and yes i knew it went exclusive on 360

and infinity ward made 1&2, were they good?

zeon9881 said:
and infinity ward made 1&2, were they good?

Yes.

Also, Jay is right. Frontlines didn't make it to the PS3 due to Unreal engine complications.

Last edited:
zeon9881 said:
isnt frontlines a bussiness deal?
Yeah, but it was dropped because of the PS3 software not permitting what they needed to do, so there wasn't a choice other than delaying to go even more over budjet, so all the parties involved where happy with the change.

Lol zeon... Gear of War 3 on PS3 is like expecting MGS4 on 360. It won't happen... MS owns the rights to Gears of War just like Nintendo owns the rights to Donkey Kong and Mario, it won't happen. Also like someone said, thats just some random Analyst making guesses. They claim its going to be like GTA/RE. But GTA was never a title owned by PS2 and nor was RE a title owned by Nintendo, those were just contracts they had to develop games on their console. But I could be wrong, but not likely...

Mass Effect 2 could come to PS3 depending on the situation. I expected MS to own the rights to Mass Effect, but I don't really know the whole situation but it doesn't seem possible that MS doesn't own the rights to ME also.

ME2 to be released on PC even simultaneously is not improbable though since MS doesn't mind releasing their exclusives on PC.

zeon9881 said:
no,

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178082

and

condmned 2 came to ps3 but condemned is exclusive

123 DMC are exclusive but 4 is multy
dont use "analyst" as a source. its retarded, and hes retarded. microsoft publishes gears of war and itll stay that way. even if microsoft does only own gow for a sequel (which no source is cited on) they will pay serious money to make sure it stays on them if talk comes of it coming to the ps3.

Last edited:
Tis what I thought. I'm pretty sure MS isn't gonna let one of their better franchises slip out of exclusivity.

Didn't Frontlines have problems working on anything? lol...Joke. Seriously, did the dev's update the glitch frenzy in it yet?

Why couldn't MGS4 come to the 360, wasn't there a MGS spin off on the original Xbox. Wasn't it called Subsistence or something?

First off it all Depends on the Contract written up by MS and the Dev company. None of these games are 1st party most wouldn't even be considered true 2nd party, just dedicated 3rd.

With "Mass Effect" Bioware/EA has creative rights, They gave exclusivity to MS but depending on the Contract they could open it up or open it up after a set amount of time "6 months or so as stated in most exclusivity contracts with some type of payout to MS for the deal".

Same goes for "Gears of War" It's creative rights are owned by Epic Games, Not MS... MS just "leases" the games and exclusivity depending on the contract and all that it entails they could also split in certain circumstances.

Seems like we are seeing alot of this between 360/PS3 they just do not have the revenue to keep buying exclusive rights it really cuts into what profit they do make.
All this will effect is amount of console sales lost due to the games, the overall game sales wont be hurt but helped greatly by this kinda move. If they don't have the cash to keep them around "make up for lost multi sales" they could loose them.

MS/Sony need to "**** or get off the pot" when it comes to games, They have very few real 1st party games "with 100% rights owned" the majority are exclusive 3rd party and some very money hungry 2nd party.
If I was them I would invest what money I have left in my gaming budget to buy up devs to make my own 1st party instead of wasting cash on exclusives to the money hungry 2nd and 3rd party. If they keep going at this pace they will just run out of money and it will be nothing but a prefference of a Video Game Player to play all the 3rd party universal games on.

wezeles said:
First off it all Depends on the Contract written up by MS and the Dev company. None of these games are 1st party most wouldn't even be considered true 2nd party, just dedicated 3rd.

With "Mass Effect" Bioware/EA has creative rights, They gave exclusivity to MS but depending on the Contract they could open it up or open it up after a set amount of time "6 months or so as stated in most exclusivity contracts with some type of payout to MS for the deal".

Same goes for "Gears of War" It's creative rights are owned by Epic Games, Not MS... MS just "leases" the games and exclusivity depending on the contract and all that it entails they could also split in certain circumstances.

Seems like we are seeing alot of this between 360/PS3 they just do not have the revenue to keep buying exclusive rights it really cuts into what profit they do make.
All this will effect is amount of console sales lost due to the games, the overall game sales wont be hurt but helped greatly by this kinda move. If they don't have the cash to keep them around "make up for lost multi sales" they could loose them.

MS/Sony need to "**** or get off the pot" when it comes to games, They have very few real 1st party games "with 100% rights owned" the majority are exclusive 3rd party and some very money hungry 2nd party.
If I was them I would invest what money I have left in my gaming budget to buy up devs to make my own 1st party instead of wasting cash on exclusives to the money hungry 2nd and 3rd party. If they keep going at this pace they will just run out of money and it will be nothing but a prefference of a Video Game Player to play all the 3rd party universal games on.

But you don't know, you are making assumptions just like everyone else. No one has released any info on who owns the rights to Mass Effect or Gears of War. So you are just assuming MS doesn't own the rights. Which is why I assume MS owns the rights to ME and Gears. Both were planned trilogies so the logical thing would be for MS to make sure they aquire those rights. Also the publisher tends to be the one who owns the rights not the developers. Publishers finance the developers to keep producing the game. GTA isn't owned by Sony because SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) did not publish the game, Take 2 did... Resident Evil was not published by SCE, Capcom did... Same with Devil May Cry 1/2/3. Also I take back what I said about MGS4, that was wrong. Konomi owns those rights not Sony.

A better analogy would be... Gears of War 3 coming to PS3 is like Rachet and Clank coming to 360. But I don't know about ME, Im not sure if EA or MS has the publishing rights.

Back